Sometimes I wonder about me!

C

Catt

Waaaaaay back in 1978 when I first started the Grande Valley RR. I wanted to use the (at the time) Conrail yard and tracks running south from Grand Rapids.

Not having a whole lot of knowledge as to where Conrail ran to going south I asked the yardmaster for the info.I was told it went to South Bend Ind.Today almost 26 whole years later I find out it actually goes to Elkhart,Ind.I'm feeling just abit stupid for not having railfanned "My" railroad any further south than Plainwell (35-40 miles south of GR).Oh well it at least makes it easier to link up to Larry (leghome) Gilbert's CEE Line which terminates in Elkhart.

Now a slight change of subject :D I have always been a big fan of the GE C30-7s.I have 8 of the KATO inits ( 2 CSX,3 NS,1 undec and 2 UPers to be repainted for the GVR.

THis is where it gets loooooooong gang.The GVR interchanges with CSX,NS and CPR.The 2 CSX rd#s have been retired so I need to change the numbers (hello Microscale) I need to find out if NS still has C30-7s in service and their road numbers.If they do not have any in service I have 6 C30-7s to paint for the GVR. :D :D :D

Now to close this book what I need to know is if any of you have a link to a site with a current NS roster?Or maybe know someone with said info?Where's Scott when ya need him ? :wave:

lemscate

Mar 17, 2004
Michigan
Visit site
I know what you're saying about those C30-7s. I model them too, albeit in LS&I (err.. BN) green & black. And about twice the size of yours. But still good units..

Anyway, according to this NS roster http://www.ole.net/~rcraig/NS.HTML , NS no longer has any C30-7s. Actually, there aren't many C30-7s running around anywhere anymore, which is rather unfortunate, because they have much more character than those stupid -9's.

C

Catt

because they have much more character than those stupid -9's.

I agree with you there except for the NS spartan cabbed dash-9s.To me they have that big brawny look of power that the widecabs seem to be lacking IMHO.

I guess I had better put some NS locos on the shopping list :D

Hmmm,looks like the GVR is gonna get a whole class of locos all at once. :D

Sure hope Athearn does the spartan cab SD70.

brakie

Nov 8, 2001
Bucyrus,Ohio
Visit site
John,Kindly step aside..I think I better be worried about me..Looking through some boxes today looking for a old building I found a box that read"To do projects".To do projects??? says I. :confused: So I open the box and found 10 Athearn 57 foot reefer kits I plum forgot about buying. :eek: :confused: Now in the bottom of this box was a undec SW1500..I remember buying that unit but can not recall when I bought the reefers..So,I will start putting these cars together.

NYC-BKO

Jun 6, 2004
Scottdale, PA
Larry,
Now you got me worried about what I'm going to find in my boxes up in the attic when I go through them. What did I forget about!!! -:eek::eek::D