Something Smaller

illecillewaet

Hello to all from Calgary, Alberta. I am a model engineer just finishing up a circa 1885 business car in in 3/4" scale. After working on it for 12 years I decided that I would go back to model railroading for a while and work with something I can put in a box to carry around. I am seriously considering O gauge, possibly On3.

I noticed in the scratch building forum that several individuals are building their own trucks. If it is any help, I have scanned images of all the arch bar truck drawings that are in the 1888 Car Builders Dictionary. Let me know.

Reg Kearns

MasonJar

It's not rocket surgery
That sounds like a great project...! Any pictures?

The truck drawings sound like they could be a great help for those so inclined... thanks. I am not there yet myself... ;) :D

Welcome to The Gauge!

Andrew

nkp174

It sounds like we would get along well...I'm the one whom was (and is) building his own On3 trucks.

I love On3. I'm a fan of Proto:48 as well...but I love On3. I think that it is almost ideal for model building. I've also learned a few lessons such as only using NWSL's wheelsets rather than the nicer looking Grandt & PSC...which are great for static models.

It's interesting that you're finishing up an 1885 business car...because I'm working on a paycar circa 1884...which was rebuilt into a business car.