something new on the eg&e

CCT70

cn nutbar said:
hi josh---i agree that doctor wayne's water scenes are so realistic you can almost see the fish jumping but take note of the other scenery,especially the stock yards at lowbanks---anyone who is familiar with wayne's threads realize he is is a true artist---i realize how lucky i am to be able to take pictures on this remarkable layout.here's a shot of eg&e buisness car "tyandaga" crossing the chippewa creek bridge---check the rapids in the background

dieselsontheege063.jpg

Who made that Business car? I'd love to build something like that for my RR.

doctorwayne

Business car Tyandaga was built in the shops of the EG&E.:rolleyes: Actually, the car is a slightly modified Rivarossi heavyweight observation car. I used some sheet styrene to modify the two paired windows to the right of the service door at the front end of the car, then added some roof detail to convert that area of the car into a galley/kitchen. Most of the underbody details are scratchbuilt, although the heavy generator, a/c equipment, and UC brake gear are from PSC. The car has interior partitions (made from sheet styrene), and some basic interior detail. The window shades are also styrene.
Here's a photo of the Grand Valley's business car Rockhaven:

100_5461_565899.jpg

And the opposite side:

TrainBrain201.jpg

Rockhaven is an Athearn heavyweight observation, shortened, and with a completely new underbody.

There are some more views of these and other cars at:

kitbashed headend equipment

Wayne

steamhead

Whoooa there...!!!
How'd I miss this thread??? Truly amazing stuff...!!!

That's some of the best modeling around, anywhere!!! I do take some comfort in seeing that your layout and mine have something in common...a CV truss bridge. That's where the similarity ends.:cry:

Thanks for letting us share in your accomplishments!!!sign1

UP SD40-2

AWESOME passenger cars Wayne!!!:thumb: thats one of the(MANY)things i admire SO MUCH about your layout, you detail EVERY piece of equipment. that makes each piece you have REALLY STAND OUT!:thumb: FANTASTIC work Wayne;).

CN1

I never tire of looking at your work.:thumb:

I think its high time you submit those shots to a RR magazine or two:wave: