Something I've been up to.

Woodie

Mar 23, 2001
Northern Rivers NSW Australia
Ain't been around for while, but been doing things... slowly. :)

Making a few dioramas for inclusion in to the Great Layout. (Garahbara MKII)

A goods platform (scratchbuilt), with a weathered loco I picked up on E-bay for $10. :)

Attachments

• weathered957 gauge.jpg
    weathered957 gauge.jpg
    37.8 KB · Views: 224

Woodie

Mar 23, 2001
aahhh... that's a better pic I re-uploaded. Trying to fit it to the uploaded pic restrictions (640 * 480) and less than 70K it went all fuzzy. :thumb:

And prototype?? It ain't got no bufffer, or horns!! Gotta get a detail kit for them. FLushglaze windows etc. Good to practice that sorta stuff on th E-Bay el-cheapos before attacking the prized newer possessions. :)

RailRon

Nov 23, 2002
Trimbach, Switzerland
Woodie, nice to have you back! :thumb:

Your diorama is really outstanding - I had to look twice (or thrice) to be sure it was a model.

A question, however: I simply didn't notice before - but do Australian trains really have buffers? I always thought that your trains had the same knuckle couplers like the US RRs. :confused:

Ron

Woodie

Mar 23, 2001
Originally posted by RailRon
do Australian trains really have buffers? I always thought that your trains had the same knuckle couplers like the US RRs. :confused:

Ron
Ron, Some loco classes do have buffers. This particular class has a full width buffer.

An e-bay pic of a new one, the same. Note the full width buffer at the front.

aa_1_b.JPG

Drew1125

Jan 28, 2001
Hello Woodie, old friend!:wave:
Great to see you again!
The diorama looks great! I see your modeling is up to its usual high standards! :cool: :thumb: And I think the loco looks great for an "e-bay el-cheapo"! :cool:
Great job! :thumb:
Very interesting info on the 44 Class...they're quite reminescent of the Alco cab units (PA's & FA's) that were so prevalent on U.S. roads in the 50's & 60's.

Woodie

Mar 23, 2001
Thanks guys. :) **blushes** :D

I've also done a grain silo and loading dock. (some might remember the slanting roof/semi circle cutout thread I started).

Will put some pics of that up on the weekend. :)