Some progess pix

C

Catt

Small progress report on the GVR as of today 6-1-02.

6-1-a.jpg

6-1-b.jpg

6-1-c.jpg

6-1-d.jpg

6-1-e.jpg

6-1-f.jpg

Not shown (I forgot to take their pix:( ) is 1 building to the left of the first pic and one to the right of the bridge (MAT Trucks).

Tyson Rayles

Catt it's really starting to come together and it's looking great! :cool: I still shudder at the thought of the amount of details (barrels, crates, pallets, people, trash etc.) that an area like that will consume. :D

Sir_Prize

Don't see none 'o that compression stuff here! NICE! AWESOME! :eek:
That Bekin's Rig sure puts a forced perspective to the scene.;)
Hmmmm.... That IS going to be a lot of tid bits. Then again, round my parts the Industrail Parks are kinda sparce look'n.

Drew1125

Way to go, Catt!:cool: :cool: :cool:
Love those BIG buildings, & all that asphalt running in all directions...
Sir_Prize touched on an interesting point, & possibly some food for thought...
In the modern era, industrial areas have tended to be out, away from densly populated areas, & inner cities, as opposed to the earlier industrial age.
Also, modern industrial areas tend to have a much neater, & more sterile appearance, without a lot of trash, & unkempt, dilapidated real estate. (perhaps this is where the term "industrial park" came from...?)
So your dipiction of this type of environment is very accurate, & realistic, Catt!
In fact, when I've looked at pics of your layout before, I've thought that you might want to include an "urban" backdrop, but now that I really think about it, just some simplr rural scenery, possibly with some sparse structures might be much more realistic...
Keep the progress reports coming!
It looks like a FANTASTIC layout!
btw...including the river crossing in the middle of this area was a SUPER nice touch...adds loads of scenic interest to the overall picture...could we maybe get a panoramic view of the layout?

Catt,
That's massive!!!!! .... My problem of not being able to "Compress" scenes just doesn't apply in your case. I can just imagine your switchers going about their duties at a scale 10mph on your layout...... Very realistic! And don't forget the crossbuck flashers.
Can't wait to see more pics as it progresses.

Errol

C

Catt

The area shown in the pictures left of the bridge is based on an O scale track plan for the Pioneer Valley RR (a real shortline rr).The O scale plan is 12' long ,my Nscale version is just shy of 8'.

About 16 real feet down the layout there will be an industrial park.It will be based on the Progressive Rail plan just published in MR.

I really haven't decided exactly what I want between what you see and the industrial part ,except to split the mainline with one track climbing a 2% grade while the other one (going to the park) remains level.

By the way if you have the MR with the Progressive Rail article turn to the trackplan drawing then turn the page so the drawing is closest to you.That is how I will be modeling it.:D

Charlie,I can't get back far enough to take a panoramic picure.:(

CarlFidy

Neat trick for making panoramic pics

Catt,

I've got a few tricks for taking panoramas. Involves taking several pictures and splicing them together. Unfortunately I have to be at work in about 7 hours and need to get some shut-eye. Will fill in the details this evening and scan/upload some examples.

Hate to leave you hanging.......zzzzzzzzzz

leghome

Catt does a lot of neat stuff. I visited his layout the first of June. At that time I also deliverd a couple of CEE Line covered hoppers.

Matthyro

Will always be re-membered
Good to see all the progress the GVR is making Catt. It is becoming a busy place. Still hope to come and visit some day.

Tyson Rayles

Welcome to the Gauge leghome! Your a lucky man if you got to check out Catt's layout. :cool: Robin you are not more senile then me, and you know why? It's because...................... of ............what where we talking about?...........what is this place?..............what am I doing here?....................ANYBODY SEEN MY MEDICATION???????????????????

C

Catt

Robin,I would like nothing better than to erxchange visits with my my NARA co-founder ,or any other NARA members.:D