Some pics of my P-47 pages

Discussion in 'Aircraft & Aviation' started by John Griffin, Aug 29, 2006.

1. John Griffin

John Griffin Member

Yeah, maybe WZ*L.
  2. Bowdenja

Bowdenja Active Member

WZ*L would be nice.............but I like Butch II..........but that's been done alot.....
  3. John Griffin

John Griffin Member

I'm nearly finished with my 'tweaks' to the silver version of my P-47. Here's a link to a sample page (reduced) wich contains most of the interior.

http://imageigloo.com/images/6679PAGE_9_SILVER_v2sample.jpg

The interior and wheel bays are much more detailed than on the Tempest model I designed... I decided I need to step up a bit in that area, so take a look and see what you think of it.
    ... Still have to make instructions though...
  4. ekuth

ekuth Guest

In a word, WOW.

The time you spent was well worth it, IMO. This looks photo-realistic. I love the wear marks, oil streaks... very very nice attention to detail.

Put me down when the model is done! :twisted:
  5. John Griffin

John Griffin Member

Thanks. Coming from the world of CG, and most recently 'real-time' (simulations and games) I've come to depend on the artwork to carry as much of the load as possible, versus pure geometry. I use geometry when I have to but if I can make a part look just as good in 2d I will. That way I don't have a billion pieces to cut out and fold.
  6. Ron

Ron Member

John,

Your models are absolutely stunning to say the least! As mentioned by so many others....I can't believe the realism of those paint jobs! Now I have to say it....that Camel should be made illegal! I have stopped eating, begun to ignore my wife completely, can't find where I put my can of coke.....
    But I did find what I'm gonna rig it with, what I'll use for turnbuckles.....

All my best and thanks for sharing your progress!

Ron
  7. Bowdenja

Bowdenja Active Member

SWEET!:grin: