Some of my work.

smoolie671

I built two vipers that I would like to share a picture of. I like to call this shot "The Four Horsemen". Yes I know, it's a bit out of focus and you can see my mug in it, but hey I gave it a try.

DSC03702.jpg

Millenniumfalsehood

I imagine these are civilian demilitarized versions? (no cannons on the wings) :thumb:

Btw, excellent clean build of the J-3. I've sat in one before (never flown) and it's easily my favorite civie aircraft design.

smoolie671

Well, the cannons will be added later using some dowels that I'll turn on a hobby lathe. I have a hard time being THAT patient making extreamly tiny tube parts with paper. I might even try wrapping strips of paper around tooth picks to get the desired effect. The cub was a blast to build. I had it cut out and assembled in 3 hours flat. I had a few choice words after I dropped the blinkin wheels about a dozen times!

smoolie671

I'm going to attempt to build this particular viper a bit larger and rig it with a micro rc setup and a pusher prop for indoor flying. I have an industrial fan that I stuck some of my models in front of to see if they could possibly fly. This viper seemed to track well. The only things that would likely have to be modded would be the intake in the nose (leave out the pocket piece) and the engines (leave out the intake fan and the exhaust parts). The engine block could be easily streamlined so the air would flow over it better. Interestingly, the open slant of the nose seems to give the effect of canard wings. Balanced correctly, and I do think it could work.

sjsquirrel

These are Starships

I couldn't resist - this was such a cool idea for a photo I thought it needed some justice

Cheers,

Steve

Attachments

• Vipers.jpg
    Vipers.jpg
    128 KB · Views: 15

smoolie671

Spot on my good man! Perhaps I'll try my hand at a better shot in the near future with a few more vipers and some hanger bay structures around them. Of course feel free to modify any of my pictures as you see fit.