Some of my W.I.P.

jsolie

Feb 28, 2003
Murrieta, CA
members.aceweb.com
Well, since everyone here seems to like pictures, here's some of the stuff from upstairs (my layout will be in the attic!)

Here's the DPM kit "Roadkill Cafe." My wife wasn't too pleased with the name, so it's now the Roadhouse Cafe...

front...
Roadhouse Cafe - front.JPG

back...
Roadhouse Cafe - back.jpg

jsolie

Feb 28, 2003
Murrieta, CA
members.aceweb.com
GODZILLA ATTACKS!

My 7 year old son wanted to try painting something, so he decided to paint one of his dinosaurs. He selected a yellow one, and I helped him give it a coat of white to act as a base coat. He then decided that it needed to be orange, so he tried painting it one evening. Then he wanted it to attack the hopper... :D

Godzilla attacks!.jpg

Russ Bellinis

Feb 13, 2003
Lakewood, Ca.
Visit site
Originally posted by jsolie
Well, since everyone here seems to like pictures, here's some of the stuff from upstairs (my layout will be in the attic!)

Here's the DPM kit "Roadkill Cafe." My wife wasn't too pleased with the name, so it's now the Roadhouse Cafe.

That reminds me, there used to be a gas station in downtown L.A. that had a sign advertising the "Southwest Roadkill Museum" in the back of the building. I never got around to taking a pic of it or going through it. Then after I put it off for a while I drove by and noticed that the museum had been removed and replaced with a minimart.

belg

Apr 28, 2001
New Jersey USA
Visit site
An overly blackened DPM Mercantile...hey, it's a learning process! Guess I need to put this one close to the tracks!

Maybe try a wash of clear alcohol to remove some of the color ,if you used alcohol and ink as a weathering agent. if it was something else like paint you could just wash it with a few drops of soap and water. Just my two cents hope it helps.I think your first dpm photo looks like very nicely built kit. Love the picture of your dog is it a German/belgian sheppard? Pat

jsolie

Feb 28, 2003
Murrieta, CA
members.aceweb.com
Maybe try a wash of clear alcohol to remove some of the color ,if you used alcohol and ink as a weathering agent. if it was something else like paint you could just wash it with a few drops of soap and water. Just my two cents hope it helps.I think your first dpm photo looks like very nicely built kit. Love the picture of your dog is it a German/belgian sheppard? Pat

It was a simple wash of acrylic paint. I'll try going it over with just some water and a sponge and see what happens. It's been a long time since I've done much modeling.

The dog is a German Shepherd. I was playing around with the camera a while back and got a good picture of a snoot lick :)

jsolie

Feb 28, 2003
Murrieta, CA
members.aceweb.com
Not sure, but she does have fairly long hair which gets everywhere. Odd thing is her father was all black and her mom all white. She had the best color of the litter.

Didn't get a chance to work on the mercantile today...I went on a locomotive hunt instead :D

-- John

SD90

May 23, 2003
Canada
Visit site
Re: An overly blackened DPM Mercantile

Originally posted by jsolie
An overly blackened DPM Mercantile...hey, it's a learning process! Guess I need to put this one close to the tracks!

Overly blackened mercantile.jpg

I like the weathering on that building, it looks real!

Mike.

jsolie

Feb 28, 2003
Murrieta, CA
members.aceweb.com
Mike, thanks for the comments.

I gave the building a light rubdown with and it seemed better. Then I mixed up a brownish wash, thinned it out quite a bit, and gave that a go. It seemed to reduce the amount of "soot" on the building a little bit. I'll see what I can manage tonight when I get home.

-- John