Some new power on the Laggan Sub.

SD90

I have been painting some locomotives, and thought I'd share what's done now, they still have to be weathered, I know Dave, they are too clean! Here they go...

Here is a first run Kato SD40, used to be Santa Fe, (purchased from Ray!)now it's CP #5580.
90.jpg

Here is a Kato SD40-2, now CP #5725, I'm still trying to make each unit just a little bit different shade.
91.jpg

I didn't realize until I took this picture that this GP40 is on the ground! Until yesterday, this was an old Atlas BN GP40, but it doesn't run very good, so it may just be set in a shop track somewhere. It looks better on the layout than in a box!
92.jpg

Here are all 3 together.
93.jpg

I've also been working on the main yard in Field, it's going to be able to handle lots of traffic when it's finished.

Ralph

Remember...it's for fun!
Beautiful looking roster! Nice work! Say, how do you post more than one pic in a post? Pic in a post...sounds like an old expression..Oh! Pig in a poke...what DOES that mean anyway? :) Seriously...how'd you do that? I know others have as well but I've never asked about it before.
Ralph

OwenCPR

Mike,

Have you started painting the 5 SD40s that you got from Ray Metiever???

Picked up my 3rd SD40 on ebay so am slowly catching up!!!! (excluding the SD40-2s that you have!!!)

Is Field finished?

Pooh Bah
Ralph, I think that the "pig in a poke" rfers to buying an animal in a tied bag. When you got home, you would find that the animal wouldn't produce bacon.
I don't know why you would buy it, but it seems to be an ancient scam.
Wait a minute, some people buy on eBay...
Mike: that is one respectable paint job, or maybe three respectable paint jobs.

SD90

Thanks everyone, yes Owen, this is the first one of those SD40's I got from Ray. I actually have 3 more CP shells that I'm going to paint and put them on those chassis, it will be much faster than having to put all of those tiny white dots on agian! The Kato CP SD40's already have them, I just have to mask them off before I paint them!
To post more than 1 picture at a time, I just add