Some Bachmann praise

C

Catt

Way back in ancient history Bachmann introduced their version of the GE B23-7 in HO scale. This has to have been at least the very early 1990s.So that's a minimum of 15 years at least.

Anyway over the ensuing years I have managed to lose some of the railings (the ol gal has been in and out of storage alot since 1997) Anyway about a month ago I emailed them to inquire about buying some railings for it.Today I got an envelope from Bachmann with a complete set of railings and an envoice marked very clearly "NO CHARGE".

I think this action speaks very clearly of thier customer commitment and will keep me buying their product. :mrgreen:

N Gauger

1:20.3 Train Addict
Dec 20, 2000
South Eastern, PA
mywebpages.comcast.net
Geeze - They MUST be nice... They even gave the "Old Furrball" something free!!!!! sign1sign1sign1

Seriously - I would have guessed they would have done that :) :) I have heard very few complaints about their customer service department... They are a Billion Dollar company STILL running like a Mom & Pop operation....

They have worked with me numerous times to help me out with their products. Really great!!!!

brakie

Nov 8, 2001
Bucyrus,Ohio
Visit site
John,Take a peek at their newest drive found under their GP38-2..Its a Athearn clone drive with some weight added.
Yup..Bachman is out to become a contender in their regular line..

ezdays

Out AZ way
Feb 3, 2003
Arizona
bigbluetrains.com
Yep, I remember getting a call from them for an out of warranty repair. The labor was free, there was a $25 service charge which they applied against the parts. Total cost to repair my O gauge engine and tender was about $60, and they replaced a few things that wasn't even on the bill.:mrgreen: Uh, the return freight cost them around $25, so how could they possibly break even?

When I called them to check on my engine, they treated me like it was the only one there. I have to agree, just like a mom and pop operation, and it sure felt good.:thumb: :thumb:

doctorwayne

Sep 6, 2005
Canada, eh?
I agree: great, personal customer service. I was able to get parts, including the paperwork, for my out-of-production 2-6-6-2 because the guy at Bachmann took the time to look through old locos that had been returned for one reason or another. They're also very helpful and accomodating if you're ordering parts for your own projects.

Wayne

hd8091

May 20, 2004
I have had nothing but good service from the Bachmann people.
They have gone out of their way to help me with numerous problems over the years. They have even returned a custon shell I sent in, along with a whole new unit.
Tom