soliciting designer

goodduck

Jul 25, 2010
I was just fooling around and extracted the Ta 152 floatplane in obj. I would like to make that to a paper model but I already got much stuff on my plate, if any designer want to take a crack at it PM me and I'll send you the file.

Attachments

• Untitled-1.jpg
    Untitled-1.jpg
    817.6 KB · Views: 20
  • Untitled-2.jpg
    Untitled-2.jpg
    975 KB · Views: 18

zathros

*****SENIOR ADMINISTRATOR*****
Staff member
Administrator
Apr 5, 2013
Jeez, that's a beauty. I bet Bigpetr could do it. I think it's out of my league. I suck at Texturing. It's a beauty, if you wanted to send me the fine, I think I could unfold it. :)

bigpetr

Designer/Master Modeler
Jan 27, 2016
Czech Republic
:)I would love to do it, but I have absolutely no time. Lot of Star Wars models wants to be build (I am also slowly designing Y-wing ). And now UHU02 and Makino are completeing their great Millenium Falcon stuff:bulgeeye:. And atop of it I started to reseach historical architecture and archeological excavations in my hometown Brno. I want to make 1:800 scale model of Brno as it was in year 1400. It allows me to join my another big hoby - history with papermodeling. I hope museum will approve it for its history exhibition.

Reactions: zathros and Tonino

zathros

Staff member
Administrator
Apr 5, 2013
That would be quite an achievement. :)

Gandolf50

Researcher of obscure between war vehicles...
Staff member
Jan 28, 2013
New Mexico USA
That will unfold in pepakura but it will be a rather chunky model, judging from the wireframe, just not a lot there. I take it it's from a game file. Historically this is one of those "what-if" air-craft as they never made one. They never made many to begin with being as it came out as a replacement for the FW-190 in 1945, which I do know they had a float version, and perhaps even the FW-190 long-nose which is hard to tell apart from the TA-152. I saw a few people take a make models of them with conversion kits or adding pontoons from a Japanese A6M2-N "Rufe" I suppose it was possible for you to add floats to the TA-152, they added them to just about everything else, Hinkels, Spitfires Messerschmitts you name it,

SpitfireMK-VB.png me109w_3.jpg

but as fast as this one was and the purpose it was designed for (High altitude interceptor), doesn't make a lot of sense. I have a feeling you kick in that nitrous turbo boost and you would rip the floats right off! Since the Japanese got the go ahead to make them they would have been the logical ones to do so, no much need for a float plane in a landlocked country like Germany, but I guess they never got the chance.
I have both the FW-190 and the TA-152 meshes, in somewhat better shape than this mesh, I even made a TA-152 years ago, from hand drawn files, but never updated it, just the outer shell and cockpit. Revisiting this , it need to have all the whistles! need to drop in a detailed Jumo 213E liquid-cooled inverted V-12, or what's the point?
Jumo213ETa152H.jpg

and my TA-152
TA-152.jpg I do agree though! it is one COOL looking aircraft with floats! I always have room for one more model file! HINT HINT!!

Gandolf50

Staff member
Jan 28, 2013
New Mexico USA
Did you ever get any progress on the float plane? If not send me the file or a link..and I'll see what I can do with it... might as well add it in with my others as I have found I work better when I skip from one thing to the next.. stops getting burned out by one project all the time!

Gandolf50

Staff member
Jan 28, 2013
New Mexico USA
OK..It has been too long.. I have just sent a PM.. I have done the engine already!

zathros

Staff member
Administrator
Apr 5, 2013
That will unfold in pepakura but it will be a rather chunky model, judging from the wireframe, just not a lot there. I take it it's from a game file. Historically this is one of those "what-if" air-craft as they never made one. They never made many to begin with being as it came out as a replacement for the FW-190 in 1945, which I do know they had a float version, and perhaps even the FW-190 long-nose which is hard to tell apart from the TA-152. I saw a few people take a make models of them with conversion kits or adding pontoons from a Japanese A6M2-N "Rufe" I suppose it was possible for you to add floats to the TA-152, they added them to just about everything else, Hinkels, Spitfires Messerschmitts you name it,

View attachment 159477 View attachment 159478

but as fast as this one was and the purpose it was designed for (High altitude interceptor), doesn't make a lot of sense. I have a feeling you kick in that nitrous turbo boost and you would rip the floats right off! Since the Japanese got the go ahead to make them they would have been the logical ones to do so, no much need for a float plane in a landlocked country like Germany, but I guess they never got the chance.
I have both the FW-190 and the TA-152 meshes, in somewhat better shape than this mesh, I even made a TA-152 years ago, from hand drawn files, but never updated it, just the outer shell and cockpit. Revisiting this , it need to have all the whistles! need to drop in a detailed Jumo 213E liquid-cooled inverted V-12, or what's the point?
View attachment 159476

and my TA-152
View attachment 159479 I do agree though! it is one COOL looking aircraft with floats! I always have room for one more model file! HINT HINT!!

Actually, floats are very robust, and add to the lift of an aircraft. They add a lot actually. They can be built to take very strong forces, and nothing they experience in the air will compared to what they endure in water, and runway landings. I got to rebuild a very large set of floats with fully retractable wheels. These were mounted on a huge Cessna Turbo Prop. The owner was landing in Salt water and rinsing them off in a local lake and got caught. This contaminates the Freshwater lakes. He was constantly taking off the access covers and hosing down the interior with fresh water to try and get any salt out. He ended up stripping all the access panels screw threads, and it cost him a fortune as the A.I. I worked for grounded the aircraft. It took us two months to redo those floats, then the FAA came in an fined the bejesus out of him. He ended up having to sell the plane, which now had excellent floats on it, and a recent annual. We whacked that guy. Justifiably so.

This is why you can add floats to virtually any aircraft, and they will get approved. You will have to do it exactly how the originally approved ones were, and pay for that privilege, which ever FAR 121 rule(s) applied, and who is the owner of it. The guy who made the turn down sing tips for Cessna's and Pipers made a fortune off of that. It cost him a lot to get approved, but everyone wanting to do that has to pay his cut, and he doesn't even supply anything!!

Gandolf50

Staff member
Jan 28, 2013
New Mexico USA
Actually, floats are very robust, and add to the lift of an aircraft. They add a lot actually. They can be built to take very strong forces, and nothing they experience in the air will compared to what they endure in water, and runway landings.

True.. and there is not a lot there.. just a pod of air.. but the TA152h? using the Junkers Jumo 213E series liquid-cooled, inverted V12 engine that could deliver up to 1,750 horsepower. The Junkers Jumo 213E series was a high-altitude version of the Jumo 213A/C series already being utilized by the Fw 190D models. This powerplant worked off of a two-stage, three-speed supercharger that relied on an MW 50 methanol-water mixture to boost overall engine performance, particularly at high-altitudes. Top speed of the Ta 152 was a reported 472 miles per hour, a grand increase from the 426 as exhibit by the similar Fw 190D - putting her beyond, anything the Allies could field by this time. Range was equally impressive at 1,240 miles and the Ta 152's service ceiling could top 48,550 feet when using the integrated GM-1 boost. Rate-of-climb was approximately 3,445 feet per minute allowing the aircraft to speed up to height quickly to counter incoming bombers and fighters. In the end, the Ta 152 design proved to be one of the fastest piston-powered aircraft of the entire war. Now who would want to put pontoons on a beast like that? Now there were the TA152C a low altitude fighter and the TA152E a reconnaissance/ fighter combo.. that would be my pick..

http://www.deutscheluftwaffe.com/archiv/Dokumente/ABC/f/FockeWulf/Ta 152/Focke_Wulf_Ta152_Werkzeichnungen.pdf just in case anyone wants the Original Working Drawings..

Last edited:

goodduck

Jul 25, 2010
I'm sorry! I'm being so busy with other stuff didn't keep up with the paper model. Thanks for the offer Gandolf50! I just need to dig through a lot of files. I forgot where I put it, but soon as I find it I'll send it to you. Thank you much!

Gandolf50

Staff member
Jan 28, 2013
New Mexico USA
I can understand, things get that way around here also! One minute I'm relaxing and enjoying retirement the next there are phone calls about deadlines and changes wanted yesterday! That's life it the 3d world for ya!