Solar Car & Sandman Car from Logan's Run

zathros

*****SENIOR ADMINISTRATOR*****
Staff member
Administrator
Apr 5, 2013
I loathe Pinterest. I don't know why Google let's them take over pictures, most which they have no right too.

Revell-Fan

Co-Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Aug 1, 2009
Vreden
Yep, I noticed that, too. Google's image search has become pretty useless, even if you are looking for paper models. You are taken almost immediately to Pinterest and then, after scrolling a bit, it asks you to register. WHY? What's the reason for that? I simply don't get it.

zathros

Staff member
Administrator
Apr 5, 2013
Anyone who signs up for Pinterest gives them ownership of pictures they don't own. Even in Google's non image search I click the space bar and put in -pinterest. You must have a space between the last letter or number and -pinterest. That removes it from the results. ;)

Gandolf50

Researcher of obscure between war vehicles...
Staff member
Jan 28, 2013
New Mexico USA
I always type -pinterest, with a space, before the last word of the phrase or word, when using Google Images search, it takes you deeper inside of websites. It seems that Pinterest has taken over Google Images. ;)
Same here!!! as well as with search for meshes -Turbosquid -blabla -blabla add them on and get back to what you are really searching for... and you can also add INTEXT: Phrase -pinterest on a web wide search and pull up web references before you switch to an image search and get a deeper more focused search!

Focused...gives me
Logans-Run-Space-craft-940x746.jpg
Dean Jeffries the man behind such greats as the Monkeemobile, Landmaster, here take a look...http://deanjeffries.com/gallery/

Last edited:

zathros

Staff member
Administrator
Apr 5, 2013
That must have been like driving an EZ Bake Oven, with all that glass! :)

Reactions: Sky Seeker

Sky Seeker

Well Established Member
Jun 1, 2015
That must have been like driving an EZ Bake Oven, with all that glass! :)

That's an interesting point.:pompus: Some of the scenes they made with this in the desert in OtherWorld must have been fun to make!;)

Sky Seeker
:tank:
Same here!!! as well as with search for meshes -Turbosquid -blabla -blabla add them on and get back to what you are really searching for... and you can also add INTEXT: Phrase -pinterest on a web wide search and pull up web references before you switch to an image search and get a deeper more focused search!

Focused...gives me
View attachment 162096
Dean Jeffries the man behind such greats as the Monkeemobile, Landmaster, here take a look...http://deanjeffries.com/gallery/

Gandolf,

That's a nice shot of the LR car!:) Where did you find it?

Sky Seeker

Revell-Fan

Co-Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Aug 1, 2009
Vreden
What's making these shots special is that you can clearly see different markings at the sides. I'm so grateful to have them because that allows me to add these markings to the final kit. :)

Sky Seeker

Well Established Member
Jun 1, 2015
What's making these shots special is that you can clearly see different markings at the sides. I'm so grateful to have them because that allows me to add these markings to the final kit. :)

That'll be neat! That's the thing I love about cardstock modeling is the easy adaptability.

Sky Seeker

Reactions: Rhaven Blaack

paper hollywood

Great idea for models, R-Fan. I've always had an a sort of fond thing for Logan's Run, not as much because I love the film, but because I watched them film some scenes at the Ft Worth Water Gardens. I actually hung around near Ustinov, York and Auutter quite a bit, though I didn't actually meet them. Then a couple of decades later I spend 8 years working in the office building used as Sandman HQ. Part of my job was surveying the conference rooms on all 17 stories every morning and I got a good workout running the stairs. Come to think of it, I left my Logan's Run DVD in the media room over there.

Revell-Fan

Co-Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Aug 1, 2009
Vreden
Small update! :)

After the care center build I have been suffering from a severe case of sinusitis again for the first time in three years (yes, the face masks helped a lot to prevent this ;) ). I'm unable to glue anything together till my nose is fine, so I thought it would not be a bad idea to continue with some CG work. And here we are again! The Sandman car finally has gotten its interior. Granted, it is fairly simple, but it was fairly simple in the show. Here are some renders of the actual thing:

sandmancar8.jpg

sandmancar9.jpg

sandmancar10.jpg

sandmancar11.jpg

:)

Last edited: