Well Established Member
This is how it looks today:

View attachment 155683 View attachment 155684

Transparent side view:

View attachment 155685

Alright, an interior for Chris: :D ;)

View attachment 155686

RF,

This is a dream come true!thumbsup:bowdown::bowdown: Wow! it's certainly looking good! :Bravo: This is going to make me re-watch the series for additional details (especially the interior). What graphics program are you using to draw these creations?

Thanks again for all of your work!:Drinks:

Sky Seeker
:tank:

Revell-Fan

Co-Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
The 2D pictures I post are images rendered by SketchUp, a 3D modeling program. Sometimes I use direct screenshots of the 3D window. I'll export the pattern as *.svg graphic and edit it in CorelDRAW. The badge is a vector drawing made in Corel. Once completed the whole project is exported as *.pdf and then ... well ... uploaded to the Resource section ... one day ... or so ... when it is working again ... ;)

Sky Seeker

Well Established Member
OK Great! Right now I'm working with the very primative MSPaint to build some items for the Vorchan. I've had some limited success, but it doesn't seem to handle some shapes too well. I've got a copy of Blender now, but need to play with it for a bit to get the hang of things.

Sky Seeker

Revell-Fan

Co-Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Your results are great so far! I'm looking for your progress, Sky. Rhaven also uses Paint for recolouring. Speaking of which, it reminds me of a promise I made in another thread /giving some tips on using Gimp... Unfortunately my time is so limited but I'll get back to it soon! :)

Anyway, there are many ways to achieve a certain goal. The result is which counts. ;)

Revell-Fan

Co-Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
First views of the Sandman car:

sandmancar1.jpg sandmancar2.jpg

The challenge of this model are its large windows. I'd like to use transparent sheet for them and to keep the seam and cutting lines to a minimum. I'll have to see if the faces have to be divided more in order to achieve a nice curvature of the outer hull.

Sky Seeker

Well Established Member
First views of the Sandman car:

View attachment 155765 View attachment 155764

The challenge of this model are its large windows. I'd like to use transparent sheet for them and to keep the seam and cutting lines to a minimum. I'll have to see if the faces have to be divided more in order to achieve a nice curvature of the outer hull.

Rf,

Just remembered that this particular car was reused in the sci fi series Otherworld which ran about in the mid eighties. Cancelled after about 8 episodes. Still had a neat concept.

Sky Seeker

zathros

*****SENIOR ADMINISTRATOR*****
Staff member
Administrator
Slightly off topic but worth it. :)

Au contraire oh wise one!

dbcd6c4aa0ea7b386f0b32b934d1aea8.jpg

She's giving it all she's got Captain!

Here's a link to a bike model that I believe is a modern version of what she is riding. It is an incredible model.

Link = http://blog.naver.com/zaeco/110108753301

Detailed-Mini-Velo-Bicycle-Paper-Model.jpg

Download Instructions Pic for Parts and Instructions:

Bike Download Instructions.jpg

Sky Seeker

Well Established Member
Slightly off topic but worth it. :)

Here's a link to a bike model that I believe is a modern version of what she is riding. It is an incredible model.

Link = http://blog.naver.com/zaeco/110108753301

View attachment 155782

Download Instructions Pic for Parts and Instructions:

View attachment 155783

Yes I've seen those on various subways, metro and the EL system in Chicago over the years. Very useful and compact. The picture I originally was trying to find when you were talking about star trek not using "vehicles" was Scotty riding a bike. However finding Uhura riding one was even better!;) Wasn't there a car in the episode where they were on the world that was emulating the 1920's gangsters?:biggrin::biggrin:

Captain+Kirk+as+gangster.jpg

And another one...:Grin:
kirk-spock-car.jpg

Here's some more Star Trek "vehicles" (well ok ground transport - with an attitude).

star-trek-the-original-series-a-knight-with-a-lance-on-a-black-horse-on-shore-leave.jpg

HORSES.jpg

Sky Seeker

Last edited:

Revell-Fan

Co-Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
I thought about that - you showed the pics! Great! :) I think the last vehicle could be called, "Gallopocraft" or "Galloppomobile"..! ;) :D

zathros

*****SENIOR ADMINISTRATOR*****
Staff member
Administrator
How about calling it the "Pferdetransport". You could add a number indicating how much horsepower it has! :)