Soda Can Miscellaneous projects completed

Discussion in 'CAN MODELS (Both aluminium and Tin)' started by gman_93643, Feb 8, 2018.

1. gman_93643

gman_93643 New Member

Trying to keep busy, so I built this beauty. I'm pretty sure some of the rotorheads out there know what it is. This is bare aluminum cans, Coke red accents and Pepsi Zero for the rotor blades...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And if there's any interest out there, I'll show what I built with the first batch of the Star Wars cans...
  2. Revell-Fan

Revell-Fan Co-Administrator Administrator Moderator

Beautiful dragonfly! :) ;)
    bigpetr and micahrogers like this.
  3. zathros

zathros -----SENIOR---- Administrator Moderator

Oh I like that so much, what a beauty!! I actually design Gyrucopters that glide when you thrown them,, and the auto-rotate down. This is such a pretty model.

The models I made could be attached to a powerful floor fan, and sit their rotating for many hours. I am sure this could be made to do this. Their is in a trick in the blades to do this. The glades on my autogyros always spin the same rotation, and speed up when they get within ground effect, spinning up incredibly, and landing very softly.

I was offered to have a book published showing this, with a few cut out models. I didn't do it. This was before the internet, a lot harder to do stuff like that, and now, a lot harder to hold onto your concept.

This one's a beauty!!:)
  4. gman_93643

gman_93643 New Member

Back after a Warp Core Breach inWindows 8.1. I grudgingly decided to return to the modern and install Windows 10. I lost all my passwords save in the manager as a result and had to get some help back over here.

At any rate, I loved making that Bell 47G out of the silver and red. The person who commissioned it originally wanted it all silver, but I convinced them we needed another color to breakup all of that silver. The red did rather nicely... :)
    lyter1958 and Revell-Fan like this.
  5. zathros

zathros -----SENIOR---- Administrator Moderator

Oh, you hit the nail right on the head with this one!!! :)
  6. Revell-Fan

Revell-Fan Co-Administrator Administrator Moderator

We are very glad to have you back, gman! :)
  7. Rhaven Blaack

Rhaven Blaack ADMINISTRATOR Administrator Moderator

I am glad that you are back!
  8. Gandolf50

Gandolf50 Researcher of obscure between war vehicles... Moderator

Love it! Nice use of windscreen;) plastic, which I know where it came from, but can't remember ... Welcome Back!! Every time I see a can now I think of these builds...!:):):)
  9. gman_93643

gman_93643 New Member

Thanks guys, good to be back!

Gandolf50, you are probably on t he right track with the windscreen. Its a plastic bubble wrapper from a single A19 Lightbulb trimmed to fit that cockpit. Worked out rather nicely don't you think? :)
    Gandolf50 and Revell-Fan like this.
  10. Gandolf50

Gandolf50 Researcher of obscure between war vehicles... Moderator

OH YEAHHH !!!