so many red x's

CAS

How come all the sudden in alot of the post i'm getting red x's instead of the photos? I read some where to hit the refresh button to help fix the problem. I hit refresh, still little red x's.

I usually got the red x's on very old post. Now i'm getting them on like last month's post. i am missing alot of great photo's.
What else can i do to resolve this problem?

Thanks,
CAS

doctorwayne

How come all the sudden in alot of the post i'm getting red x's instead of the photos? I read some where to hit the refresh button to help fix the problem. I hit refresh, still little red x's.

I usually got the red x's on very old post. Now i'm getting them on like last month's post. i am missing alot of great photo's.
What else can i do to resolve this problem?

Thanks,
CAS

As Peter notes, he's working on this, but it's a big job. When the Gauge moved to this new site, the links to the pictures were broken, as the pictures were linked to the previous site. He's now working on moving the Gauge Gallery, where many of the pictures were stored, to this new site, but even when that's done, each picture will need to be re-linked, by the original poster, to its proper spot in the original thread. Some folks will do this, while others may not bother. My original intention was to restore all of my picture links in threads that I had started, but that means either waiting for those photos to show up in the new Gallery, or, re-posting the photos myself, in the new Gallery. With almost 1,000 photos to be done for my albums alone, I've advised Peter not to worry about mine. When I get my photo cds edited and organised, I'll restore the ones that I feel may be of interest to others, and in the meantime, I'll be posting from a limited selection in photobucket. I do agree with you about those red X thingys, though: very distressing. :(

Wayne