So mad.....

soat204

Ok, so i went to the local hobby town, and i got a U.P. Shifter Premier 0-8-0, and it runs real smooth like. So the other day i was running it, and for some reason it stopped suddenly, as i picked it up to look at it, i noticed that one of the wires from the power had come off from the engine. So i thought, he no big deal, ill get it fixed, then later while putting it away, the second wire snaps too.. So im stressin here..I have no soddering gun, and the next time i get to see the guys at the local club is on wedsnday, and i really want to get it up again before then....Any ideas??

Ralph

Remember...it's for fun!
Since you don't have a soldering gun does that mean you haven't done much soldering? If not, you might wish to practice a litttle on something other than your locomotive. Wednesday isn't too far away to wait for some one who you know can fix it well. :)
Ralph

ezdays

Out AZ way
As Ralph cautions, be careful if you haven't soldered much, you can do more damage if you start applying too much heat. I would shy away from a soldering gun and opt for a soldering iron. Guns normally have too heavy a point (actually, no point a all) and give you too much heat. You can find a light soldering iron with a nice point at Radio Shack or most any eletronic dealer. Do a search here at the Gauge for soldering, there are several good threads that cover do's and don'ts, and different techniques for different things.

Why me

soat204 said:
Ok, so i went to the local hobby town, and i got a U.P. Shifter Premier 0-8-0, and it runs real smooth like. So the other day i was running it, and for some reason it stopped suddenly, as i picked it up to look at it, i noticed that one of the wires from the power had come off from the engine. So i thought, he no big deal, ill get it fixed, then later while putting it away, the second wire snaps too.. So im stressin here..I have no soddering gun, and the next time i get to see the guys at the local club is on wedsnday, and i really want to get it up again before then....Any ideas??

I take the loco back sounds like the wire to short why should have to repair a brand new loco you spent good money on send it or take back that what warranies are for.mike