So Far What I have Done this Weekend Oct 14, 06 in N Scale

What have I done so far? I finiished the road bed. Iam working on the switch track wiring and power control for the blocks. I am also putting power blocks in for the signal lights.:thumb: I am working on what types of lignals to use, probbly Sunrise. Where to put them. I might tomorrow add ballast to the tracks. I don't know. I am also ordering stuff from Walthers.

Andy :wave:

Attachments

• nscale10142006thegauge.jpg
    nscale10142006thegauge.jpg
    27.2 KB · Views: 232
  • nscaletraintable.jpg
    nscaletraintable.jpg
    29.5 KB · Views: 226

Herc Driver

Apr 18, 2005
North Carolina
There's a Southern diesel (E8/9?)there if I'm not mistaken...those green coaches look good. Are those the Model Power coaches? If so, how do they run? I was thinking about getting one.

You are right about the E8 locomotive by Like Like. Yes there is a Model Power passenger car. They run well if you replace the plastic wheels with metal ones. The other Southern passenger cars are Con Cor. :thumb:

What you don't see is a Southenr 4-8-4 steamer from Con Cor in the back. Enfact I baught it from a Gauge Member a couple of years ago. Off to the side I have a 2-8-0 Rock Island steamer by Bachmann. Also an E8 A/B Rock Island Rocket by Life Like. Plus some Southern hoppers. The rest is still in the tote until completion of the layout.

Andy:wave:

Herc Driver

Apr 18, 2005
North Carolina
I've seen that LifeLike E8 and wondered how it ran...pretty good? I have the two Kato E8/9s that I'd like to match it with as Southern seemed to run three sometimes four E-units on their runs between to Wash DC.

pgandw

Jul 9, 2005
Andy

Trying not to be harsh in e-mail is difficult, but it looks like your track needs an eyeball laid on it. The camera shows some kinks between track sections where they don't line up accurately. Getting this right is important, as it will likely prevent many derailments in the future. And it will be much harder to fix after the track has been ballasted.

Pull the track nails, put your eye as close to the track as possible, and look down the rail. Move the track to correct any kinks or places where the rails do not line up perfectly in line, then fasten down again.

The great thing is that you have a real layout and are making progress. Fix the track, and you will have a great start.

yours in training