smoke units

Marxed

.... can i buy a new one seperately and install it in a engine that doesnt have one? if soo, how much do they cost and where the heck do i find them?

Marxed

i was looking at prices for the Marx Hudson engines and i noticed the smoker onces are a bit harder to come by and more pricey... the idea of installing a smoker on a non-smoker one to save money might be a neat idea, but then the idea of installing a smoker on something like the commodore vanderbilt might be a awsome idea! also maybe even installing a smoker on a crane car? i havn't heard of anyone putting smokers in things other than engines before... i'm sure its been done, but it's a good idea

Russ Bellinis

I don't like smoke units in ho scale because it gets the track filthy, but I've seen them used in all sorts of items on model railroads.

I know the modern Lionel smoke unit costs around $12 at any Lionel repair shop. There'd probably be enough room inside a Commodore Vanderbilt to add one. I'm assuming, of course, that you don't have any objections to putting Lionel parts in your Marx...

Since I have a Vanderbilt without a motor, and I have a 666 with a bad boiler, I've thought about trying to put a 666 motor (smoker and all) in a Vandy, but haven't just yet. I think people have done it before though.

Marxed

Dave Farquhar said:
I'm assuming, of course, that you don't have any objections to putting Lionel parts in your Marx...

:D thats the single biggest obstacle to overcome :D

also i'll would have to figure out what to do with the light in the commodore, because it's under the smoker stack, it lights up the smoke stack red and the front light... but i'm not sure if i have the will to do it to that engine, it's still all orgininal marx and dont reallly want to change that!