Smith Falls

That depends on the rail traffic going through. Sometimes it's busy on a Saturday. Sometimes it's not.

As a minimum you should time your visit to correspond with the arrival of the VIA trains from Ottawa and Brockville. This results in a nice passing of the two trains. And, if there are a couple of freights changing crews, you have an added bonus.

I go to the Smiths Falls Railway Museum very regularly and I always pass through the CP Rail/VIA tracks to see what is there.

And you can always visit the Museum.

Make sure you bring your camera or camcorder.

well if anyone is around there Iwill be there this afternoon for a bit, going to see the yard and the museum then the chocolate factory, might not be in that order but you know

Didn't make it out to the SFRM on Saturday as I was busy at Bytown. Went out on Friday and saw some nice action in the yard in the morning. Two freights and a fair bit of yard switching.

Then over to the VIA station around 1:00 where the two VIA trains did a nice pass right at the station. The southbound Toronto train had to wait for about 5 minutes for the northbound Ottawa train. An SD40 was doing some switching in the background (who would have ever thought that SD40s would have ended up being yard switchers!).

Hope you had fun and saw a bit of action.

Traisessive

Smiths Falls is great

VIA rail's line to ottawa
CP Brockville Sub
CP Belleville Sub
CP Winchester Sub
OVR Chalk River Sub

Busy place