small trestle project

skirun14

this is something i threw together today in about 6 hrs. Dont ask me what i fordeit in order to accomplish this though. anyways, its going on my layout soon hopefully once i get around to painting it. i built this one cause the plate girder i built originally just didnt look right. im pleased with the way it came out, although its not completely done. I always put off painting for a long while cause its one of those things im kinda OCD about. but eventually when it gets painted ill throw those pics up here too.

for those wondering how i got the track on, it was ingenious i like to think although this could be an old trick i have not seen yet. I just took a normal Atlas 9" straight and starting at one end pulled the ties off 4 at a time. then using super glue i glued on the pieces of square balsa cut to length. This way the track stayed straight and the correct width.

Attachments

• trestle 007.jpg
    trestle 007.jpg
    61.2 KB · Views: 196
  • trestle 006.jpg
    trestle 006.jpg
    56.8 KB · Views: 185
  • trestle 005.jpg
    trestle 005.jpg
    42.8 KB · Views: 191

skirun14

no, i plan that thats the whole length of the bridge. its a 4x8 layout so thats all the room i have. ive worked on it a little more so theres some more detail. still not sure how to weather/paint it yet though