small puddles of water.

N

nachoman

My layout includes an ephemeral stream. Right now, it is just a sandy ditch, but I think I would like to place a few puddles of standing water. by "a few" I mean 3 or 4 shallow puddles, no more than 1-2 square inches a piece. I am looking for something to model this water, that I don't have to buy in large quantities, most of which I will never use. I was thinking maybe using some clear epoxy, the type that comes in the small tubes. Any thoughts on this?

kevin

Relic

Nov 6, 2005
Nova Scotia
I have had good results using latex varethane for brooks, ponds etc.It doesn,t dry compleetly clear but I think the rusty shade is more realistic

N

nachoman

well, I tried the clear tube epoxy, and it seems to be too thick and did not settle down well. I know of a source of thinner epoxy that I may try, or possibly just some acrylic gloss medium, and just pour puddles in several coats.

kevin

hminky

Oct 13, 2004
Here is my metallic party balloon pond as Pat mentioned. This has been experimented upon with a thin wash of earth color to represent pond dust so is less reflective than originally.

pf_bushes.jpg

Harold