Small layouts

Groove

First, HI! I've been lurking for a while now, but decided that I should take the plunge!

I'm not an experienced modeller at all, in fact building my first layout. (I built two other with my dad, but was young and never really finished any of them)

Anyway back to my current model... 47x8 inches is the baseboard size, so really small. I'll get a track plan on here once I've laid the track for the final time.

Going to be a winter (snow!) setting for British locomotives from the 1980's period.

seanm

Groove,

Welcome. I am pretty new here as well, though not new to MRRing.

In my opinion, you should not worry about "finishing" a layout. The entiure process should be fun or why do it. Most layouts are never finished anyway. There is always something that needs to be done. Many times you get to a point on a layout where you are just "stuck" and it is a good idea to start over. That is what I did this year. Had a fairly large layout and decided I had learned so much that my previous layout just did noit suite my needs or wants.... so I tore it out and am starting over!

What ever you do... HAVE FUN. Don't get bogged down in what others say you should do. Listen to what they have to offer and then decide if it fits YOUR desires.

Welcome and ENYOY your railroad!!

Pooh Bah
Hi Groove.
Nice to see another British modeller.
We have another member who built a winter scene in Britain. Somewhere.