Small Engine Repair Shed

nalmeida

I've been posting progress pics in the AMR forum of this little scratchbuilt structure but since not everyone in The Gauge visits it here are the "almost final" pics of it:

The right corner:

shed_1.jpg

A scratchbuilt fuel barrel made from brass and wood:

shed_2.jpg

Inside showing some signs Fred (Dash10) got me:

shed_3.jpg

A scratchbuilt forge using brass and some walls I casted with plaster:

shed_4.jpg

And finaly an overview pic, some details such as the dead pine tree leafs are still missing, they will be added when finishing the micro layout:

shed_5.jpg

Hope you liked it, this structure is part of a micro layout I'm doing in a challenge in the AMR forum so now on to the Freight House, the other scrathbuilt structure, I'll post some pics here as soon as I finish it.

Ralph

Remember...it's for fun!
That's excellent! The scene has a lot of interest and character. I like your scratchbuilt items and all of the detailed parts on the shelves. Nice work Nelson! By the way, how did you get that nice grey weathered wood look? India ink wash?
Ralph

shaygetz

:thumb: :thumb: Reminds me of those great sets used in Sergio Leone/Clint Eastwood movie Westerns :thumb: :thumb:

nalmeida

Thanks for all the nice comments!

Great little details, is it narrow guage?

Yes, it's HOn30 (HOe)

By the way, how did you get that nice grey weathered wood look? India ink wash?
It was given a 24H stain with water and some acrylics (burnt umber paynes gray a a small bit of indian red), been left 24H drying and finally got a quick alchool and india ink stain.