Skoda Kauba P.14-01, NOBI 2004 - The end of the build

Discussion in 'Aircraft & Aviation' started by cadwal, May 1, 2006.

1. cadwal

cadwal Member

(For a long time I had believed all pictures of this build lost in a hard disk crash, but when I recently changed cameras I found these pictures on one of the old memory cards before selling them)

This is a build of one of NOBI:s X-birds, the Skoda Kauba P.14-01, a ramjet design from early 1945. My copy says scale 1:33 but NOBI:s site currently says 1:32 (http://thaipaperwork.com/x_birds_01.html)

The images start after block E in the instructions, all previous pictures where lost.

[​IMG]

Most of the main fuselage have been joined together here, visible is the front end of the ramjet and the control stick. As far as I understand the pilot were to lie on his belly facing forwards. This is a butt join model which turned out to be easier for me to assemble than the regular strip joints.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Rear top part of the fuselage, the small cone and the wings turned out better than I had expected.

[​IMG]

Rear part of the ramjet, it is actually two cylinders, an inner and an outer joined together with a cone at the back.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Here the entire fuselage have been put together.

[​IMG]

The rather small wings about to be attached to the fuselage.

[​IMG]

This part is some kind of launching/landing pad attached to the bottom of the fuselage.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

The model is now almost complete.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Here the plating between the upper rear fuselage and the ramjet have been added. along with a handcrafted canopy that unfortunately did not quite get the coloring I had wanted.

I right now finally figured out that this

[​IMG]

probably was the cannon that was supposed to be mounted above the pilot and extend through the canopy. (The attachment point is visible in the first picture)

/Ulf