Sketchup Help

Discussion in 'Gallery & Designs' started by Shinigami, Apr 22, 2007.

1. Shinigami

Shinigami New Member

I am working on a cardmodel design, however I'm not experienced with Sketchup. I need a truncated icosahedron (aka soccer ball) for my design. I've checked out models on 3D Warehouse, but they have non-planar surfaces. Could anyone supply me with an accurate truncated icosahedron?
  2. Shinigami

Shinigami New Member

I am working on a cardmodel design, however I'm not experienced with Sketchup. I need a truncated icosahedron (aka soccer ball) for my design. I've checked out models on 3D Warehouse, but they have non-planar surfaces. Could anyone supply me with an accurate truncated icosahedron?
  3. wunwinglow

wunwinglow Active Member

4. wunwinglow

wunwinglow Active Member

5. SCEtoAux

SCEtoAux Member

Paper Models of Polyhedra has a nice net of a truncated icosahedron in the Archimedean Solids list, along with a bunch of other good nets for polyhedra. Check it out and see if it is what you are looking for. :)
  6. SCEtoAux

SCEtoAux Member

Paper Models of Polyhedra has a nice net of a truncated icosahedron in the Archimedean Solids list, along with a bunch of other good nets for polyhedra. Check it out and see if it is what you are looking for. :)
  7. Shinigami

Shinigami New Member

Thanks, but I've already been to those sites. See I need a 3d model because the structure is only part of what I'm making. I want to be able to modify and scale things in Pepakura. FYI, this is what I'm trying to make.

[​IMG]
  8. Shinigami

Shinigami New Member

Thanks, but I've already been to those sites. See I need a 3d model because the structure is only part of what I'm making. I want to be able to modify and scale things in Pepakura. FYI, this is what I'm trying to make.

[​IMG]
  9. barry

barry Active Member

Footballs

On the site that Tim suggested you already have the format laid out why don't you copy it in Metsequoia as a flat plain and just export it to pepakura and scale it to whatever you like. Using the picture as a background in elevation only.
  10. barry

barry Active Member

Footballs

On the site that Tim suggested you already have the format laid out why don't you copy it in Metsequoia as a flat plain and just export it to pepakura and scale it to whatever you like. Using the picture as a background in elevation only.
  11. wunwinglow

wunwinglow Active Member

12. wunwinglow

wunwinglow Active Member

13. Maurice

Maurice Member

Edited - didn't realise a bit of humour would be used to justify that sort of reaction.
  14. Maurice

Maurice Member

Edited - didn't realise a bit of humour would be used to justify that sort of reaction.
  15. Shinigami

Shinigami New Member

This is kinda ridiculous. It should NOT be this difficult to get a 3ds or dxf of a friggin archimedean solid.
  16. Shinigami

Shinigami New Member

This is kinda ridiculous. It should NOT be this difficult to get a 3ds or dxf of a friggin archimedean solid.
  17. wunwinglow

wunwinglow Active Member

The feature listings in each version of Stella don't mention dxf export until you get to Great Stella, so that was the one I bought. And with the $/£ ratio being the way it is, I reckoned the cost of a sandwich was worth the gamble! So I just bought the program......

I appreciate that you appreciate that some of this information may not be a great deal of use to me. I mean us. I mean not you, Maurice. I mean everyone except you, Maurice. So thank you anyway.

Tim
  18. wunwinglow

wunwinglow Active Member

The feature listings in each version of Stella don't mention dxf export until you get to Great Stella, so that was the one I bought. And with the $/£ ratio being the way it is, I reckoned the cost of a sandwich was worth the gamble! So I just bought the program......

I appreciate that you appreciate that some of this information may not be a great deal of use to me. I mean us. I mean not you, Maurice. I mean everyone except you, Maurice. So thank you anyway.

Tim
  19. Shinigami

Shinigami New Member

In that case could you please export a truncated icosahedron and post it?
  20. Shinigami

Shinigami New Member

In that case could you please export a truncated icosahedron and post it?