Skateboard cardmodel

Discussion in 'Everything else' started by thewoodengraver, May 9, 2006.

1. thewoodengraver

thewoodengraver Active Member

I used to ride a board in the 1970's similar to this one. I looked and looked but failed to find any skateboard cardmodels for download or otherwise and since I had to have one, I decided to give it a try designing one. So here it is... hako Phil, in his summertime urbanite camoflage, not included. But you can always find him on my homepage below. Model download on next post.
  2. thewoodengraver

Here is the model, as promised. Please let me know if you like it.
    You can also have the .jpg version on my homepage below.
  3. nebeltex

nebeltex Member

looks great. skateboards, even in the 70's, often had a "kick-tail". this is easily done by bending or curving one end, if desired. i still have my skateboards. one travels with me, stored in my truck.
  4. TheWebdude

TheWebdude Just a Member

Positively SWEET!:grin: I've got to repaint one with my old Santa Cruz Rob Roskopp Boogerman deck...
    THANKS!
    [​IMG]
  5. thewoodengraver

Repaint? I am honored, Webdude!!!. Would you be willing to share your repaint with us??
    Here is the template...
  6. TheWebdude

TheWebdude Just a Member

No Problem!
    I'll post it here when it's done!
    (Actually I'm a bit shocked. Just looked around on the web and had no idea my old $35 deck was now worth hundreds........Go figure)
  7. nebeltex

nebeltex Member

you might want to check with the guys at santa cruz first..... really though, i think they would actually be happy about it. they're pretty cool. i've had many boards in my time. uncle wiggly argyle, vision "gator" model (which should be woth a lot, considering what he did), and a zorlac "puss-head". my currents rides are an old variflex, a hobie (with a "executive skateboard" plaque on it!), and a vision deck that belonged to a skate pro friend of mine. i used to work in a surf shop and i can remember assembling skateboards for most of saturdays.......
  8. thewoodengraver

Can't wait Rick!
    I had planned to make decks from pictures of real boards but I do not want to get into the copyright issue thing, so the task now involves using personal images for the decks. I was not sure how that would fly but I always wanted to design my own decks, so I figured I would model it after the board I actually rode. Since it was a hand made craft, there is no copyright issue. But that was the last of real skateboards for me to design and if I design more cardmodel decks they will all be pure fantasy. Any repaints will be completely welcome.
  9. nebeltex

nebeltex Member

that's a great idea. maybe some sort of coloring challenge? who knows, someone's artistic idea from here could end up on a real deck!
  10. TheWebdude

TheWebdude Just a Member

Regardless of what Santa Cruz might or might not say I "do" own a deck and can make a model for my personal use and at least show photos of it even if I don't release the model to the public.:wink:

I suspect they wouldn't mind and that's a 1987 deck. (Antique next year I think...)
    (Yeah yeah , still copyrighted, etc etc etc......Don't preach to the choir....)