Site fundraiser

Status
Not open for further replies.

angevine

Sep 28, 2005
Wiltshire, UK
angevine said:
I like all the ideas so far.. count me in with the $5 subscription (monthly/yearly?).

I like the idea of a private forum and a public one, but would that not make more work for the admins and moderators.

Anyway, I want to do all I can to keep this forum going. It's the only thing that keeps me sane and also keeps my enthusiasm for this hobby alive.

Regards,

Dear All,

I think I might have been slightly out of line by quoting a subscription.

It was just an idea running through my tiny brain and I, on a whim typed it in.

Maybe a subscription is not such a good idea. A donation to the site definately is.

There is also the issue raised of the free models in the parts bin. This would mean that if you subscibed (paid to access the site) you would in fact be paying for the models in some way, which would be a breach of all we stand for. If the designer says its free, then its free. We see enough e-bay threads regarding this.

The idea of designers offering models for sale and proceeds going to the upkeep of the site is great and just shows the kind, and generous nature of all the tallented people we have here.

Sorry if I have confused the issue more.

Just thought I should get this sort of straightend out.

Regards,

Jim Krauzlis

Sep 26, 2005
Copiague, Long Island, New York
Not at all, Angevine...as has been said, I think it's pretty clear that all suggestions are welcome and every idea is worthy of discussion and consideration by the members of this forum. Your suggestion lead to a very good discussion by everyone, the ideas were tossed around and arguments made for and against, and for shades of grey.:grin: That's a very good way to sort things out and try to figure out what works the best. Of course, the ultimate decision lies with the admins, but I am quite sure they appreciate everyone's ideas and feedback.

I'm very glad we all had this discussion and perhaps came up with some good ideas that will hopefully help the community as a whole and keep this forum going for a long time. That's not to say the idea is done, because someone might come up with some other good ideas that addresses the funding of the site issue.

Cheers!
Jim

Jim Krauzlis

Sep 26, 2005
Since the donate button has yet to appear on the home page, I wonder if the cafe site has been set up yet to ensure proper credit to the operation of this forum. Perhaps one of the admins can let us know before we place our orders? I have been waiting for the go ahead before placing my order.

Cheers!
Jim

R

rickstef

currently it is only a one man operation, I have not had time to really delve into the site and at the same time educate myself on the operations of that site.

Plus Peter has been going through some personal issues.

Rick

goney3

Aug 26, 2005
Lompoc, CA
www.metafocus.net
rickstef said:
currently it is only a one man operation, I have not had time to really delve into the site and at the same time educate myself on the operations of that site.

Rick

To sum it up... they have a base price for items ... you then set a mark-up (which you get to keep) ... They cover the manufacturing, promoting, and sales transactions for your product with no cost to you. I have done this with several other sites and it works just fine. :)

Payment is sent to you when you reach a minimum of sales... $25 or so, or you can set it up to wait till $100, $150, $200 etc, so you don't get a bunch of checks if sales are good. ;)

The downside is that if sales are slow, waiting to get to $25 can be daunting. It really depends on the size of the community and how much the products are marked up. (ie. a $10 t-shirt is now $15.00 with the $5 going to Cardmodels.net) Cafepress is great for small communities who don't need to fork out $1,000 to purchase printed shirts with the "hope" that they'll sell anything. On a sale-by-sale basis it makes it a lot more comfortable. :)

Though you'll have to get people to submit design ideas for t-shirts, buttons, coffee mugs, callendars, books, and underwear :rofl:

Jim Krauzlis

Sep 26, 2005
The difficulties in administering this site is something I am very appreciative of, Rick...not to mention all the time you spend keeping us going!

Just let us know when we can start ordering stuff so the forum gets the benefit of our purchases...if it's already set up, that's great. Maybe at some point a link on the home page would be good too.

Hope Paul is doing better. Please pass on our best wishes if you are able.

Cheers!
Jim

paperbeam

Dec 16, 2006
Vancouver
I Like the Idea of Voluntary Donations!

Hi All!

As I believe this site has helped my Old West digital paper model sales on eBay as well as enhancing my general knowledge base about the craft, I would donate in a heartbeat if a PayPal button was put up. Count me in 100%!:::twisted:

It's like being involved with any type of club - things cost $$$!

Revell-Fan

Co-Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Aug 1, 2009
Vreden
BUMPED for priority reasons - do not bump in old threads.

Revell-Fan

Status
Not open for further replies.