Since I'm new.

Grotto

I am a 46 yr old caver that is also a full time student at York university.
I love punching holes in paper with my 9 mm 1911 and I love long drop rappels.

I am a full time father of one son that is 23 months and life is very good to me.

Grotto

Ralph

Remember...it's for fun!
Just answered my own question by noticing your drywall layout base thread a few minutes ago. :)
Ralph

Gil Finn

I dont shot pistols or climb around caves, as to school, I fished that when Nixon was around but I do have a couple of toy trains, how about you?

Grotto

Sadly I have no trains yet.
But........ I am currently building my first layout. It will be a small N gauge built on a one metre by 1.6 metre piece of plywood. It will have a double oval with three sidings.

I still have much to decide, but with the great scope of knowledge that the people here have, I know that I will be OK. I am leaning to a southwest scene as I lived in Arizona for 4 years, but I have a great love of the BC railway as I lived their for a very long time.
But right now it is one foot in front of the other.

hooknlad

"But right now it is one foot in front of the other."

Grotto : Wouldnt that be " But right now it is one metric equivelant foot in front of the other" ? Welcome Aboard once again !!!! WE all can have fun here as well !!!!

cidchase

And there you have it!!:thumb: :thumb: :D :D
I've read that we're going back to it, although in a new service pistol!

Grotto, sounds like a plan! Are you considering steam or diesel or both?
And what time period? I personally go for the steamers but don't think I'm
in the majority. :D Best of luck with your layout!:thumb:

pennman

Welocme!!

Guns and trains, well thats a combo I can live with and besides you model Nscale. Dam pass me a beer and lets get to it.
sign1
Either way This is a graet place to be and a lot of great people, and we all have fun!
WELCOME TO THE GAUGE
train97

hooknlad

Track 'n' Ammo

Come to think of it, Trains and Ammo, Where does a 40cal Berretta Cougar fit into the scheme of things? I don't have a gun fetish, just ammo and clips. Is that a bad thing? Once i figger out how to fire with both hands accurately, I'll get anudder gun, prolly anudder 40 cal. , i wouldnt want to upset the balance. Damn that Lara Croft is Good !!!sign1​

pennman

Ammo?

Hmm not sure but there have been a few places I was glad to have the pistol with me railfanning, between dogs and some spots Ive been to in Newark, Jersy City And BAyonne NJ as well as in Memphis, Nashville and Atalanta. They always seem to put the mains and yard aproaches in the roughest areas.
sign1 TONY

Gil Finn

You got to have an engine and a few cars to test the track as you lay it.

I suggest one gondola to hold brads and a $15 dock side switcher and a bobber caboose to pull those. Those cars will later fit in to any layout.

Think C&O or a logging theme.

Grotto

cidchase said:
Grotto, sounds like a plan! Are you considering steam or diesel or both?
And what time period? I personally go for the steamers but don't think I'm
in the majority. :D Best of luck with your layout!:thumb:

Thanks for the words.
I am going for both by using that late 50's era that so many railfans seem to be stuck in. I can see why so many love it as it is a very versatile era where steamers and diesels were still in use.

I still can make up my mind where as I have lived in many places such as Arizona, Alberta, British Columbia and Ontario. One day down the road I have a very definite plan to do the border crossing at Niagra Falls Ontario + NF NY. That will be an awesome project using both American and Canadian flags.