Silent Running's Heuy and Louie

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by ASC Mclaren, Jan 1, 2012.

1. ASC Mclaren

ASC Mclaren Member

So, I put in Silent Running the other day and thought that I might take a break from the Thunderfighter. I did a quick buildup of Heuy and Louie the service droids from the movie. I decided to reduce the size to about 1:18 and embellish it a bit. I thought it would take one day, I got a bit more creative, so it took two days.

Attached Files:

2. ASC Mclaren

ASC Mclaren Member

More pics

Attached Files:

3. ASC Mclaren

ASC Mclaren Member

Continued....

Attached Files:

4. ASC Mclaren

ASC Mclaren Member

Now Louie, cause "You guys have to pay attention!"

Attached Files:

5. ASC Mclaren

ASC Mclaren Member

All finished, New Years eve party! R2-D2 has the drinks, Twikie is looking for booty, booty, booty; and when Bender Bending Rodriguez gets here, well then we'll party like it's 2999!

Attached Files:

6. Zathros

Zathros Guest

I love Huey and Duey, They had the most ingenious way of making these guys work, which was why they felt so organic. They were! Super nice job ASC, one of my favorite characters from one of my favorite movies, Bravo!!

[YOUTUBE]P8ISuiL9dgQ[/YOUTUBE]
  7. HonestinWilkesBarre

HonestinWilkesBarre Member

Silent Running

It would be cool to enlarge these to 1:1 and build them from foam core. sign1
  8. ASC Mclaren

ASC Mclaren Member

Built up Deuy, embellished like crazy. The gripper turns, I added the programing chips that Lowell used to update their programing. This one is printed 5% smaller then Huey.

Attached Files:

9. Zathros

Zathros Guest

So very cool! I watched the whole movie with my son on YouTube, he was so pissed off at the end, he really took it to heart. I as too! A great movie. You've done a great job on these guys!
  10. ASC Mclaren

ASC Mclaren Member

11. Zathros

Zathros Guest

He posted them here too. Both of you guys really took these over the top. I may have to build one of these. I think after i build my new computer, and get an area set up for modeling again, I am going to bang on of these little fellas out. The movie made quite an impression on me when I was young. Especially the robots. I always thought Star Wars could have learned a lot from these robots. :)

http://www.zealot.com/forum/showthread.php?t=171751
  12. ASC Mclaren

ASC Mclaren Member

Zathros, Make your computer case look like one of these guys :thumb: I can't wait to see your build!
  13. Zathros

Zathros Guest

I have been thinking of making the computer built into the table, but I have a really small house, and everything has to be really thought out. I haven't built anything worthwhile in a long time. I will be doing some designing very soon, well, actually I started but haven't posted anything yet. Nothing out of this world. :)