Silencing Bachman EZ Track

Tyson Rayles

Sep 25, 2001
Poverty Acres, North Carolina
Visit site
Throw it in the trash? :D :D :D Sorry that was tooooooooo easy. Did you try putting a thin sheet of foam between all your track and the wood? Or putting cork between the easy track and the wood, of course you would have to double the cork under the other to make up for it which is why I would go the foam route. Also if you use the foam and want a creek or ditch, no problem!

B

BillB

Using a extruded-styrofoam sheet (mine is the blue type) as the top to your benchwork should give you a quieter surface with the E-Z track than plywood. It can also be cut into the shape you want for your layout landscape as well.

pomperaugrr

May 21, 2003
Connecticut
Visit site
Welcome to the Gauge Bill:
I agree on using foam over the plywood. Whether you use the foam or not though, I would suggest applying latex adhesive caulk along the bottom of the molded roadbed edges. This will help hold the track down and should cut some of the sound transmission down. I've never used the B-Mann EZ track, but I have looked at it. The caulk is pretty inexpensive and should work well for you. Let us know how you make out.

Eric