Signs

Strthoky

Here is an attempt at printing a sign on plain paper sanding the bugger down and gluing it on very careful.. hehe

brnsgn06221.JPG

rosssign1.JPG

crookedsigngrr.JPG

RaiderCTE

Question

Sanding it down? Can you give a little more info on that? That looks great, if you are just using regular paper, and then printing it out and glueing it on. I had no idea. It's a little late but I think the printer may have to come alive. man that's nice.

Strthoky

raider I used my plain old deskjet 932c to print out some signs...

HUGE TIP: Google has a great search engine for pictures.. :)

after I print them out I carefully sand the back side untill I can see the ink start to poke through... where it bled into the paper. If you are not careful you will sand right through. I then spread a very thin coat of elmers glue on the back side and rub the "decal" into the texture of the object I am placing it on.. cheap... fairly easy and a decent upgrade on a otherwise plain barn :)

belg

Hey Jetter I'm one of you too.I did four years in Great Falls MT working on MM II missiles.That search engine you mentoined Google I know but what did you enter in the search for box.My problem with the sanding technique is that I always tear them could you put down a step by step process for us big handed people? What size sandpaper did you use ?