Signs by the trackside

shamus

Registered Member
Have you got any photo's of signs that sit by logging railroads.

Here's one I found.
Shamus

Attachments

• log11.jpg
    log11.jpg
    35.3 KB · Views: 323

jon-monon

This seems to pertain more to modern truck logging:

log13.jpg

log9.jpg

log10.jpg

log2.jpg

log7.jpg

925234_ph.jpg
925206_ph.jpg
1365535TphjugMLrX_ph.jpg

oops, how'd that get in there?

I did find some general instructions:

Travelling on logging roads - rules of the road
These roads are heavily used by industrial traffic. The best time to travel is before 6 a.m and after 6 p.m. or on weekends. However, smaller companies often work outside of normal hours, including on weekends. They do not always provide a schedule but are required to post signs.

If you must travel during working hours (from 6 a.m. to 6 p.m., Monday - through Friday), it is essential that you check in with the appropriate logging company:

* On Graham Island, check with Weyerhaeuser at their head office in Juskatla (call 250-557-6810 for information).

* On Moresby Island, check at the JS Jones (former Timber West) Office in Sandspit before driving from Alliford Bay to Moresby Camp or making other use of logging roads (call 250-637-5323 for information).

At all times when travelling on logging roads:

* drive with headlights on
* observe the 50 km/h speed limit
* stay alert for posted signs and indications of oncoming traffic
* obey all posted signs

Do they haul logs on the road trains in the Land Down Under?

1580864yKtsknNVYV_ph.jpg

silver

Sorry to go with an old post but I have an old logging sign from the Emporium/Grasse RiverRR in upstate NY. It says something along the lines of "Beware horses in the road next 5 miles. Emporium Lumber Co.". I can tell you exacty what it says over next summer, it is in storage and I am in school til then.

silver

Will do but I live far away from the storage locker. I have gone back to school on the other side of the country. The earliest I can get to it is the summer. Sorry. I will post a picture in this forum.