Sign that the end of the Model Railroading World is Nigh

billk

Jun 12, 2001
Marion, IA, USA
There was an insert in our local paper today for a "The Chicago Bears Express illuminated electric train set". Three easy payments of $23.31 (plus a total of $7.99 s&h) gets you "an heirloom quality, HO-scale train on HO-gauge track". Actually, the "Power-pack and nickel silver E-Z Track (r) elevated roadbed tracks" are "FREE - a $60 value"!

There's more, but I can have to get off now since it's a "Limited-Time Offer - Please Respond Promptly"!

rockislandmike

Nov 6, 2001
Edmonton AB
dayfornight.qazam.com
Hhhmmm.........sounds quite a bit like the Thomas Kinkaide (sp?) version I saw an ad for recently. Except it was four easy payments of $24CDN (or thereabouts), *just* for the loco and tender. Every other month you'd be billed for additional passenger cars. Also included the power pack and E-Z track free.

Vic

Feb 1, 2002
Columbus GA
Visit site
Originally posted by Sir_Prize
Saw that Dale set in a shop in Oklahoma City.
Had authan' sheets and a pic of Jr. singing it. Wanted $1100.:eek:

Amazing what some folks will do to capitalize on a dead man.:eek: Wonder how much he would ask if he was still alive and racing??? Probably couldn't give the thing away!:rolleyes: They ain't never gonna let Dale and Elvis rest as long as there's one skinny dollar left to be made:eek: :mad: :rolleyes: Shoot...pay me 100 Grand up front and a 5% royalty and you can put my name on a trainset:D :D :D :D :p

Vic

Feb 1, 2002
Columbus GA
Visit site
A CHRISTMAS SPECIAL!

DAMN!!!:D Somebody took me up on my offer!:eek: :D We're now taking orders:) :D Tyson is the authorized USA dealer. Outside of the USA contact Kettlestack!!!:D

PS...Order before Nov 15, 2002 and we'll include the horses and their manure!!:D :D :D

Attachments

• trainsettrim.gif
    trainsettrim.gif
    39.6 KB · Views: 136

Vic

Feb 1, 2002
Columbus GA
Visit site
Hey Andy, There may not have been any trains....but there were automobiles.....Hondas....The New Testament clearly states that The Apostles were all in one Accord!!!:D :D :D Credit to my preacher for that one!!!:D :D :D