Separate names with a comma.
Discussion in 'Narrow Gauge Model Railroading' started by philip, May 23, 2004.
assembled side before filling,
& this project will be another 2 to three months. Maybe
and the window and door castings go on the market when?
Relly looking good Phillip :thumb:
Beats me Catt. PM me off line.
:sleeping: its that time again........
outside corner bead
I guess I will use this to join the corners of the combine. Its a Midwest product plastic device. Anyone used this stuff? I'm also out of plastic so :sleeping: :sleeping: again....actually off the the hobby shop tomorrow evening after the real job.
I have finally installed chair rail on the combine below exterior windows.
Incorporated the doors as built into the bulkhead.....now to the mold box. All I have to do is construct the dam around the bulkhead.
The corner bead is what frames the outside of the door and will also hold the 4 corners together.
humanoid view with the popsicle mold box glued down with goo. Now off to the dungeon for pouring the rubber.
Also filled (caulked) that hideous gaping crack in the miter 45% door casing. I call it trim carpenter in a tube
I use pink HS II from Dow Corning.
I also uSE this little kitty as my helper :curse: She's an orphan and always in the way. She keeps a watchful eye on anything that moves.
the next 3 pic show the rubber in a cup before mixing, the rubber being poured and the end mold full of the material. The bubbles rise to the top making a bubble free mold.
I wanted to show the outside corner bead that is a useful product for joining corner parts together. Refer to post # 66 for a view of the bead that is a simple design. This part would be great on the old art deco gulf gas stations with the round corners.
The first photo shows the part dry fitted to the corner of the combine.
The second photo shows the part askew ( out of line) to show the header board over the window and the chair rail trim below the window. I had to hold those horizontal trim pieces short to fit in the dado so the corner would fit plumb.
Now the wait begins. Hopefully the mold will work.
The wait is over and I can only say it didn't work :cry:
back to scratch again
I should have made the car ends two pieces to start with. I really wanted to take the easy road.
The mold is all messed up...the material can't be poured into the door because it is higher than the rest of the mold. See 2nd pic. lesson learned, don't do what I did. I thought it would work....duh
this is the way....I guess
Well friends, the cat is out of the bag. Paul took ownership of the combine. Another completed mission............Philip