Sieverville,Tn

Discussion in 'Narrow Gauge Model Railroading' started by philip, May 23, 2004.

1. philip

philip Guest

Sure enough! thank you! :thumb:
  2. philip

philip Guest

I just finished this frame. Main platform is plastic and the rest / supports are weathered stripwood ripped on a bandsaw and then CAed in place. I kind of eye balled everthing in place.....all the lumber is different size so variation in the looks. :rolleyes: Its just a frame...................

Attached Files:

3. philip

philip Guest

close up of frame/truck :oops: problem. The problem is the truck is to low and the wheels rub the framing. I think I will redo the main cross member and raise it about a 1/4 or so. maybe just laminate a piece over the top.

Attached Files:

4. philip

philip Guest

well the LPB (boss) shows up and he's not amused :rolleyes:

he doesn't say a whole lot! :p

Attached Files:

5. philip

philip Guest

window finished. I'll make a mold of this one so I don't have to scratchbuild 14 windows. :wave:

Attached Files:

6. Catt

Catt Guest

Looking good so far.Any thoughts of selling some window sets??
  7. philip

philip Guest

Thanks Catt! I'll give you some windows! off to bed the company finally left. :sleeping:
  8. philip

philip Guest

I just laminated over the top of the cross member to correct the truck clearance problem. Also added some strapping and a few rivets. So far so good.....................:wave:

Attached Files:

9. philip

philip Guest

A paper 1-D mock up of the body.:wave:

Attached Files:

10. philip

philip Guest

Whats missing and what else should be added to the undercarriage?

philip

Attached Files:

11. Chessie6459

Chessie6459 Gauge Oldtimer

Looks like it is coming along at a good pace. Keep up the great work. :thumb:
  12. philip

philip Guest

Thanks Matthew! Love those sharknose locos' from PRR and the old long haul tenders with the dog house!
  13. Chessie6459

Chessie6459 Gauge Oldtimer

your welcome philip, yes they were great locomotives, too bad the PRR didn't preserve at least one of them :cry: the long haul tenders were great also, i only know of one to be around and that is hooked up behind M1-b #6755 at the railroad museum of pennsylvania.
  14. philip

philip Guest

a small accomplishment

I have been cloning windows the last few days in my spare time. I have 3 molds so tonight after work I''ll cast a few 14 to be exact. I finished the freight door master late last night.:sleeping: I'll try to get the big door in the box sometime. I still have the dreaded entry doors. I may buy those from Grandt Line. Well off to work. The real job and on a saturday to.

Attached Files:

15. philip

philip Guest

Many thanks to Catt, Tyson, Kettlestack, sumpter 250, Lighthorseman & Live Steamer. :thumb:

Attached Files:

16. jon-monon

jon-monon Active Member

LOL Phillip - it's only been viewed 826 times! Now we wanna see more :D

BTW: It's the most viewed thread in this forum.
  17. philip

philip Guest

:sleeping: :sleeping:

Attached Files:

18. kf4jqd

kf4jqd Active Member

Hey Philip:

Jessica and I will be moving to that area by October of this year! We are looking at land to build our log home in the smoky's. My new layout will be themed: "Escape to the Mountains".

Andy
    PS
    Have you ever been to the train store by Dollywood? NICE:)
  19. philip

philip Guest

-view from my foxhole-

Seriously Jon, I stopped the thread because everyone seemed to move to AMR. It was seven long days before anyone posted anything at all, so I pulled the plug here and started posting at AMR. It would be nice if someone would at least quick post here and say something. I am open to suggestions and criticism. Lord knows I'm far from perfect! My last unanswered question had to do with details for the undercarriage that I submitted 12 days ago. Dead silence! Is everyone quit (disenrolled) at The Gauge (Narrow Gauge)? I'm just winging this project.......nothing fancy.........just something to follow the tracks... :wave:

I have absorbed a wealth of information at this forum. I try to read every post and enjoy the activities. If someone asks a question someone should reply. I guess dead summer has an effect on the current # of participating members. I often feel like the Reverend preaching to an empty church. Downright depressing!

Andy, Yes. The train shop I visited was Smoky Mountain Model Trains on Pittman Center Road. There were other shop but my schedule wouldn't allow it.
    www.smokymtnmodeltrains.com
    Thats a great area for a log cabin home! ( Escape to the Mountains)......sounds purfect. :thumb:
  20. philip

philip Guest

details

OK here we go again..................stuff to complete the combine, Baggage doors, Turnbuckles, roof vents & nut and bolts for the undercarriage.

Attached Files: