Show pictures from Truro NS

kettlestack

Jan 18, 2002
Scotland UK
Visit site
What a terrific set of modules!!!
You must have a great membership in that group to get to that stage.
I gave up RR clubs because all they did was talk, drink beer and argue about one aspect or another.
You are one lucky guy to find a group like yours.
The pics are crisp and gives the overall feel of the set up and I see the details are well in progress.
Thanks for sharing.

(I still don't like longgggggg trains :D :D :D )

Errol

grumbeast

Jan 13, 2003
Dartmouth, N.S. Canada
www.accesswave.ca
Thanks for the kind comments Errol.

The cool thing is that we aren't really a club. Most of the members have been part of clubs in the past and got really fed up with the politics and argument. So believe it or not we're really an internet based group that has members from all over New Brunswick and Nova Scotia. We have internet members from other areas too, who add to our online discussions.

The first time we set up at a show most of us hadn't even met before but had just built our modules to standard, took us a few hours of setup but we had around 40' of modules running by 10am on the day of the show!. That was 2 years ago, so we've come a long way. We do sometimes get together to work on things or to run at members layouts but for the most part everything is decided by online poll.

So.. its an idea people who are sick of club politics should try, we have our spats for sure but we're all grown ups and no one has a "title" except at shows (I'm generally trainmaster, we have an electrical gang, and track gang etc), that way we all have a voice and we all remember that we're here to have fun

Anyway, you should give it a try, or build a module, hop on a plane and come visit next time there's a show :)

FYI

our yahoo group is easternbenders and the official bendtrack site is at

http://home.alltel.net/ah50902/

Cheers

Graham

MCL_RDG

Dec 8, 2002
S.E.PA.
Visit site
WOW!!!

See, I told you NS was kewl~~~~~~~~~

Gee- will you post the next event so I can plan my return vacation to Nova Scotia- been 20 years since I last haunted the Bay of Fundy and I'd like to see it again (If I happen to "stumble" upon a MRR event on the way- what's "honey" gonna say?).

Mark

:)

Bikerdad

Oct 17, 2003
Southwestern US
Visit site
Wowza!

Looks great! I'm really attracted to the BendTrack standard, it simply strikes me as being friendlier....

BTW, here's a good name for the crossing:

Godot's Crossing, from the play.

Matthyro

Will always be re-membered
Dec 28, 2000
Georgetown, Ontario,Canada
Thanks for the show tour Graham. I nice set of photos. Looks like everyone is having fun. Jon gave you some good ideas for your modules name but one thing came to mind when I saw it was Jack and Jill hill. You could even have a well up on top.:D :D :D

Cinnibar

Nov 2, 2003
El Paso, TX
Visit site
Your Pics

Grumbeast,

Some really nice looking modules! Train shows are a fun way to meet people, see what others are doing. and get some ideas. I was at one up in Tucmcari, NM and a guy had a Dunkin Donut with ten or twelve police cars parked out front....pretty funny. And as you mentioned not too many of us can run 100 car coal trains on our home layouts.