should get off the beated track some more

CSX6638

Jul 24, 2002
FLORIDA
Visit site
Great photos Bill, that old #4 engine looks great love the stack. Amazing how the states can waste money on all kinds of things and can't spare a few taxpayer dollars to keep a museum open.

MCL_RDG

Dec 8, 2002
S.E.PA.
Visit site
I hear tell they...

...only ran them things with bailing wire, spit and sheer nerve driven by a fever for a good woman's love and a chance to buy a "company" home!

Mark

RailRon

Nov 23, 2002
Trimbach, Switzerland
Thank you Bill, for the additional information. And the coupler pics were just what I was looking for! Didn't have a pic showing the details of the coupler sills so clear until now! How did you know??? :D

Too bad to hear that this museum enterprise should be closed. In my eyes the restoration of the gondola is really a fine job. But as CSX already said, money is thrown out for other "important" things - unless you don't know the "right" people who could turn on the money source for you. :mad:

About the Consolidation (btw, that's the common name for any 2-8-0): She looks promising for restoration, too. (Of course you can't say exactly if you don't look into her boiler, cylinders, valve gear etc.)
She surely was built for tight curves - note that the middle drivers have no flanges! The ballon stack looks a bit strange - but I remember to have seen somewhere a photo of a narrow gauge loco on a Hawaiian sugar plantation with such a stack. Perhaps they were common over there (spark arrestors, so that they didn't ignite the sugar cane! :eek: ) Perhaps THIS is the lokie from Hawaii.

After some research in the net I found a clue concerning the mysterious 'Edaville RR' marking. The Edaville RR was a half tourist, half commercial 2 ft railroad in the cranberry bogs near Carver MA. They ran preserved rolling stock from the famous Maine two-footers, but went out of business in 1991. :( :(
Luckily they reorganised and reopened around 2001. However, most of the original equipment from the old Edaville has been relocated to the Maine Narrow Gauge Museum in Portland, ME. Now they are looking for other locomotives - the one they use now is a 0-6-0 from a sugar plantation in Fiji! So it might be that 'your' loco is a candidate for the new "Edaville USA" fun park.

Thanks again for the additional pics, I'll keep them for reference to superdetail my gondolas. :)

Ron