Shops in San Francisco Bay Area?

Discussion in 'Brick & Mortar Finds' started by Teamds, Apr 6, 2006.

1. Teamds

Teamds Member

Hi Folks,
    Does anyone know of any Shop/Store that carry card models?
    TIA
  2. Teamds

Teamds Member

Hi Folks,
    Does anyone know of any Shop/Store that carry card models?
    TIA
  3. damraska

damraska Member

The Ace Hardware store on University Avenue in Berkeley has a decent selection of models and trains in the basement. I have not visited this shop in about three years, but they used to carry a few (3-4) simple card models. The store tends to price models at the high end of the spectrum.

I've also spoken about card models with the owner of the HobbyTown in Petaluma. He's expressed an interest in selling them, but unless a significant market appears, I doubt it will happen.

-Doug
  4. damraska

damraska Member

The Ace Hardware store on University Avenue in Berkeley has a decent selection of models and trains in the basement. I have not visited this shop in about three years, but they used to carry a few (3-4) simple card models. The store tends to price models at the high end of the spectrum.

I've also spoken about card models with the owner of the HobbyTown in Petaluma. He's expressed an interest in selling them, but unless a significant market appears, I doubt it will happen.

-Doug
  5. rowiac

rowiac Member

San Antonio Hobby in Mountain View, CA had a few card models a couple of years ago. They had some of the PMI WWII planes and some architectural kits. Regardless, this is a good shop to visit because they have all kinds of stuff there.

Roger
  6. rowiac

rowiac Member

San Antonio Hobby in Mountain View, CA had a few card models a couple of years ago. They had some of the PMI WWII planes and some architectural kits. Regardless, this is a good shop to visit because they have all kinds of stuff there.

Roger
  7. Gil

Gil Active Member

San Antonio Hobby Shop is Closed...,

San Antonio Hobby's closed last November...,

-Gil
  8. Gil

Gil Active Member

San Antonio Hobby Shop is Closed...,

San Antonio Hobby's closed last November...,

-Gil
  9. Teamds

Teamds Member

Thank you everyone for the info. In the past I've purchased some models on eBay from a seller in Pacifica, I've even dropped by Japantown and naturally found Japanese origami related subjects. Maybe someday mainstream manufacturers will offer models digitally.
  10. Teamds

Teamds Member

Thank you everyone for the info. In the past I've purchased some models on eBay from a seller in Pacifica, I've even dropped by Japantown and naturally found Japanese origami related subjects. Maybe someday mainstream manufacturers will offer models digitally.
  11. rowiac

rowiac Member

That's a shame. I liked that place.

Roger
  12. rowiac

rowiac Member

That's a shame. I liked that place.

Roger
  13. Gil

Gil Active Member

Roger,

Yes, I miss it too. San Antonio was one of the last of the great, well stocked hobby emporiums. The owner suffered a stroke and the family, who owns the shopping center that it's in, decided to close the shop rather than allow it to be operated by another business person.

-Gil
  14. Gil

Gil Active Member

Roger,

Yes, I miss it too. San Antonio was one of the last of the great, well stocked hobby emporiums. The owner suffered a stroke and the family, who owns the shopping center that it's in, decided to close the shop rather than allow it to be operated by another business person.

-Gil
  15. alfadoc

alfadoc Member

I don't know of any shops that carry card models, but I live in SF, and if you wanted to order any kits online, I wouldn't mind sharing shipping costs. Also, if you want to check out a kit that I've built or are going to build, I'd be happy to show it to you.
  16. alfadoc

alfadoc Member

I don't know of any shops that carry card models, but I live in SF, and if you wanted to order any kits online, I wouldn't mind sharing shipping costs. Also, if you want to check out a kit that I've built or are going to build, I'd be happy to show it to you.
  17. rickstef

rickstef Guest

hmmm, the start of the Golden Gate Papermodel Society?
  18. rickstef

rickstef Guest

hmmm, the start of the Golden Gate Papermodel Society?
  19. missymouse

missymouse Member

hey, i'd be up for that, cept i'm down in the monterey area.
  20. missymouse

missymouse Member

hey, i'd be up for that, cept i'm down in the monterey area.