Hi guys! Anyway, I've decided to start building at least of of the 3 Shipyard Models I bought from JerzyBin of Boatmodelling.com I don't want to start off on the 2 bigger ones because this is my first time in building a complex paper model model (and by golly...my jaws really dropped when I was looking at Shipyard's instructions ) So, I decided to strat on the smallest of the 3 namely the French Frigate La Belle Poule :mrgreen: The first challenge was looking for specific sizes of cardstock... unfortunately... the office supplies here don't seem to understand what I'm looking for...they kept referring me to an artist's Illustration board which is too thick. I decided to improvise to make my own cardstock. I bought some cheap office file folders wherein I think that glued together with the pattern from the Shipyard Kit would be a good if not perfect fit. Bought my supplies folder, glue and basic tools, scissors and cutter And thanks to the B-Manic, dansls1 and Amazyah that identified plashpilat's cutting mat, i was able to get one too (Amazyah, thnaks for the self-healing tip! ) Day 1: Cutting the patterns. After pasting the patterns, I applied paste on the inside of the folders to glue them together. I immediately encountered a problem with my improvise method, I had to apply paste generously on the inside of the folder to lock them together...but It seems that the folder was warping becasue of the glue . Day 1 and a major problem has already emerged. Warped formers would not do good for the La Belle Poule...sigh! I decided to gamble and continued pasting the Hull formers onto my improvised cardstock method. I'll then place the parts under one of my heavy boxes in my room. Hopefully, the weight would flatten the folders back into position. ========================================================== Day 2: 24 Hrs later After arriving from work, I immediately retrieved the hull formers and Eureka! The folders are back into position again! Yay! I excitedly started cutting the formers for the hull. I deliberately didn't cut right away to the form of the pattern, it didn't seem right for me so i cut all 20 hull formers to separate parts first. I then cut the shape of the part with scissors, the smaller parts with the cutter that I bought . I was already falling asleep so I decided to stop on Hull Former II. Day 3: Continuing the cutting of the hull formers Anyway, I finished cutting 10 hull formers and i'm quite happy with the way they are. I hope i'll make more progress today since it's my day off and I have all night tonight for La belle Poule. I wanted to see if my work is quite ok, so I lined up the hull formers...if they won't line up...it's going to be a very weird(or rather warped) looking La Belle Poule...aligning the 10 formers on my mat... I think this is going to be one of my best looking card mode (my total number of card models projects is 2 wherein this is the second one). So I'm going to give myself a pat on the back :mrgreen So today is Day 4. I'll try to post an update tomorrow I hope you guys will enjoy my build-up and hopefully, member will be giving me some tips on future problems. I have 100% confidence on building the hull...but the mast, sails and most of all, the rigging is a totally different thing...I'm only 25% sure i can pull the off the mast, sails...and the rigging.