Shipyard module

sumpter250

multiscale modelbuilder
Jan 19, 2002
Vernon Hills, Illinois
Visit site
this one is a closeup of one of the drydock cranes. The base is scratchbuilt, the middle section is kitbashed from parts of an HO scale conveyor, and the crane is a Bachmann rail crane.

Attachments

• ncrane1.jpg
    ncrane1.jpg
    10.5 KB · Views: 698

Ralph

Remember...it's for fun!
Jun 18, 2002
St. Paul, MN
Visit site
That's a perfect dockside building and the crane is excellent. Turn down the lights and add some fog and I see Bogey or Cagney walking out of the shadows! :) Can't wait to see more!
Ralph

ezdays

Out AZ way
Feb 3, 2003
Arizona
bigbluetrains.com
Hey Pete, that's neat stuff. I like that "drydock" idea, and the building too. Where did you find the ship model? I've looked around and haven't found much of anything in that scale.

sumpter250

multiscale modelbuilder
Jan 19, 2002
Vernon Hills, Illinois
Visit site
The ship in the drydock is, or maybe was is more appropriate, Lindberg kit # 7310. I got this one in a "consignment sale".
The one in the background is/was Revell #H-379, it also may be out of production.
I started laying rails for the drydock cranes, and the SHS&D narrow gauge............If you hear anyone talking about hand laying code 40 rail.........get them medications quick!:D :D :D
I'll post pics when I'm done, and sane enough to operate the camera!:eek: :eek: :D
Pete

sumpter250

multiscale modelbuilder
Jan 19, 2002
Vernon Hills, Illinois
Visit site
In this shot, I've closed in the "seaward"end of the drydock, and started the gate. The gate will require some additional structural additions, and handrails, before painting.

Attachments

• gate1.jpg
    gate1.jpg
    12.7 KB · Views: 442

n2trains

Feb 2, 2004
Visit site
High quality crane, I was playing with the idea of scratch building one, but decided against it since my plan for the layout changed... but now I'm inspired... uh-oh