Shinhoto Chi-ha 1:25 Model-hobby

Status
Not open for further replies.
All right Johnny! High five buddy!
I'm going to be glued to this thread all the way through, I know this is going to be a fun one to watch!
This is one of the most beautifully done tanks I have ever seen!
The colors are fantastic on this kit and the level of detail is over the top!

Great pick for a "next build" Johnny! I'm on the edge of my seat for it!

Russell

shoki2000

Feb 6, 2004
Tampa, FL - USA
www.gremirmodels.com
:thumb: Excellent!
I will be watching closely since I have this one planned as soon as I gain some experience with vehicles - this will be obtained whn I butcher (hopefully not to badly...) the Chi-He from Maly Modelarz...

As well as you build planes Michael, I don't think you have anything to be nervous about.
If you can build a plane that well, you can build anything you want.
Paper is paper and once you know how to work with it, well, your only limited by your own imagination.
I think you will be pleasantly surprised at what you can really accomplish if you just jump in there and do it!
I know you can build a tank just as well as you can build a plane or anything else you set your mind to, Michael. You have the talent for it, that's for sure!

Russell

shoki2000

Feb 6, 2004
Tampa, FL - USA
www.gremirmodels.com
Thank you for the kind words :eek:ops:

What really scares me in the tank are the tracks. I know I can build the hull, turret and wheels without a problem but having this done really nicely I would like to be able to do the tracks to match the rest of the tank.
But I'm planning to cheat - I already bought the lasercut tracks for both Chi-Ha and Chi-He :mrgreen:

I don't blame you there Michael.
No matter how good a modeler is, the tracks are a test of will and endurance of monotony!
I prefer the laser ones myself.
You still have to cut them out, clean and paint each link and assemble them, so the modeling is still there but the parts are accurate and identical.

To me, it's not cheating, it's modeling.

Russell

josve

Oct 21, 2005
Odda Norway
Before adding the top skin I cut out all the small stripes in the air inlets and made a black net underneath.I was thinking that it would look better that way,and it did :)

Then I put on the rest of the skins.

Rear and front closeup

josve

Oct 21, 2005
Odda Norway
The turret

The turret was to be made tonight.

Frames from Draf made it quick to assemble the structure.

Adding the skins was easy.Every part fitted 100%

The hatch was made of several parts.3 parts made the bottom structure.and 13 parts to make the top.

And we have a turret.

Some closeups.

Placed the almost finished turret on top of the hull.

There are a few items left on the turret,but I'll wait with those details til the end since I have a nasty habit of making small fragile things fall off....

C

cgutzmer

Thanks for those closeups - they really bring out the detail! Seems to be an excellent paint and fit, as always brought together well by you :)
Chris

josve

Oct 21, 2005
Odda Norway
Thanks for your kind words guys!!

Fish.....I got one nice mountaintrout. So not much to feed the family from LOL

RTomedi

Jun 8, 2007
Blumenau - SC - Brazil
May I join this thread?!? :mrgreen:
Just as a "learning dude", I don´t have much to teach, but to learn from you guys I´m just beginning. :thumb:
Maybe in a couple months I´ll get the guts to create my own "building thread".
I´ve already purchased some GPM models from the closed "lighthouse" website,
now I´m collecting the experience. :eek:ops:
Well, about Johnny, it´s just amazing what this man can do. I´ve been sniffing around his threads, and I´m amazed with his building methods, coloring technique, although being a colorblind person, he certainly knows how to paint and match colors with his family help. Keep up the excellent work. I´ll follow this thread closely for sure.

Hugs.

josve

Oct 21, 2005
Odda Norway
Thanks a lot for your nice words Ricardo!!

My advice to you is: just go ahead and post from your builds right away!!
We all have been starters,so don't worry :)

It's amazing how much you can learn from buildthreads.I started with modelling about 1,5 years ago and browsed forums for buildthreads and sucked inn all I could, and jumped right into it after I bought my first model from Modelik.That was the shwimmvagen.....and after that it just took off LOL

So come and join the club of papermaniacks :)

Well, you sure know talent when you see it Ricardo!
I have to agree, Johnny is one of the best there is!
artist.gif
super.gif

I Almost forgot, Welcome to the forums, Ricardo! Sounds like you have made yourself right at home and looking around. Good for you!
Start cutting up some free downloads and gain ya some experience, no better way than to just jump right in there and do it!
Hope to see some build pics from you soon! It doesn't have to be a thread, just some things you have done. Whenever it is you do them of course.
rolleyes.gif

Oh and Johnny, fantastic job so far, as usual!
coolgleam.gif

I love it, can't wait to see more!
(Kicks self in shin!) I have got to get those laser parts for this one!hamr

Russell

josve

Oct 21, 2005
Odda Norway
Hey calm down a bit here buddy!!
You make me blush over here :)

The second mudguard is in place.

Also added some details at the rear end.

And in between I'm preparing parts for the drive wheels.

Status
Not open for further replies.