Shay Driver - Where is he?

acshrpe

What happened to Shay Driver? I have not seen him on lately. I enjoy reading the morning coffee bunch and have not seen any lately! I sure hope he is ok. I miss reading and having my morning coffee with him and the rest of the crew.:confused:

jon-monon

I think a lot of the guys that came in from the other board left as quickly as they came. I think their board opened back up. Guess we were a temporary stepping stone. I sure feel used. I'm sure some are still here. I hope we didn't make any of them feel unwelcome, but I guess they just had their own board they were usede to, their own culture. These boards develoup a personality of their own.

jon-monon

Good that he'll be back. If he just need to get out cheap, point him here. I buy from them all the time. I search for dell and scroll down to my spending limit. I have them put W98 on without licensing, then when I install it, it asks for a key, and I use the one from the machine I'm replacing.

Rusty Stumps

Jon, we're around. One of the refugees from The Railroad-Line Forum started a new forum and a good number of those "individuals" flocked over there. Their choice. The RR-L is back up but the rest of us post at both RR-L and The Gauge!

I don't bother with the new one cause I feel they are move "virtual" model railroaders than the rest and spend more time passing messages on everything but the hobby. Just my opinion and I'll probably get clobbered for it!:D :D

Matthyro

Will always be re-membered
While I don't mind a bit of chat, I come here to see, learn and apreciate model railroading. I only liked the morning coffee chat if posters also talked about what they expected to do on their railroads that day.

John Sneed

shay diiver

It would be nice to have our own coffee shack,but only if that black and white ankle biter stay"s away.I,ve finely healed up from the last time we met.Us old folks don't recover so fast that we can take that kind of abuse very often.

John

shamus

Registered Member
Most of the guys set up there own forum called Railroad Forum when Railroad Lines Forum went off line.

Since then RR-F has appeared again but with very few people attending it.

Shamus
wink.gif

NYCentral

Originally posted by Rusty Stumps
Jon, we're around. One of the refugees from The Railroad-Line Forum started a new forum and a good number of those "individuals" flocked over there. Their choice. The RR-L is back up but the rest of us post at both RR-L and The Gauge!

I don't bother with the new one cause I feel they are move "virtual" model railroaders than the rest and spend more time passing messages on everything but the hobby. Just my opinion and I'll probably get clobbered for it!:D :D

Yes we should clobber you Mr. Stumpy!!:D ;) Actually Nelson has just gotten back up and running with his new computer (donated by a fellow modeler). But since he is a moderator there (as am I and a number of other people who post here also) our duties require most of our time there. I personally like this forum as well and have no interntion of leaving it. I have learned alot from the posts here. The link for the new forum is: http://www.railroadforum.com

jon-monon

Originally posted by shamus

Since then RR-F has appeared again but with very few people attending it.

Like I said, these boards develoup their own culture. It seems once they get nuked, if that don't come back soon, that culture is lost forever. I experiance that on the ultimatejeep site. Not the recent downtime, but the big server crash from four or five years ago. Never was the same. So folks we had grown close to were never again found :(

Matt - one of the benifits of a thread like the coffee shop is it gives folks a place to yack, so hopefully the other areas are used for their intention. Although, you might interprit the whole "general" forum as that, givin it's descritption.

davidstrains

Originally posted by jon-monon

.... - one of the benifits of a thread like the coffee shop is it gives folks a place to yack, ...

Soooo...I like to cook in the morning (biscuits, gravy and American fries) and I know TomPM made coffee a couple of times so he is qualified on the percolator. anyone else have talents that could go here?.....:D :D

davidstrains

and how about this for a place to gather??? No offense to the "Rockers"!!!:) :)

Attachments

• gauge crew lounge.jpg
    gauge crew lounge.jpg
    31.5 KB · Views: 105

brakie

Guys,I am on here every day.I just don't post unless I have something to say about a topic. I been around since November of last year.

I am also a mod on the new forum and must spend time there.I spend time on the Atlas forum as well.

Now if you good folks start a coffee shop here I will drop by for a cup every day. :D

TomPM

Another Fried Egg Fan
Sounds like we may have to dust off the coffee pots and relight the pilots.:)

I opened the coffee room up a few times but stopped when interest waned. I would be willing to help out and open it some mornings. Like others I may not post as much as I once did, but I am still here. I am also a moderator over at Railroad Forum, but I visit here and Atlas several times a day also.

I have found that there are many great people here on the Gauge and I like the coffee room idea because even if I do not have a post relating to another topic I can still say hello and share a little camaraderie.

Now since tomorrow is the weekend I will make no promises as to being the person who opens up. Saturday is generally the only day I get to sleep late.:D

acshrpe

How about the first person awake on the weekends start the coffee? That way no one is fully responsible for the day if for some reason you have a long nite before and are short on sleep. I can make chocolate chip cookies once in a while or a breakfast casserol on my lazy days.;)

davidstrains

what do we want to call our "coffee shop?". The group from the rr-f guys had their "Brake room". I threw that "crew lounge" on the caboose as an idea but we need a "Gauge Room" name. Thoughts???

billk

My opinion - asnd I'm trying not to be too curmudgeonly here - is that if you want a coffee shop go to the RRL forum. While there might be a place for one, why have two?

davidstrains

Originally posted by acshrpe
How about the first person awake on the weekends start the coffee? That way no one is fully responsible for the day if for some reason you have a long nite before and are short on sleep. I can make chocolate chip cookies once in a while or a breakfast casserol on my lazy days.;)

from sumpter's post in the "saturday" thread....." the gauge's morning whistlestop".

How about that as a "name" for the "coffee shop?:) :)

Originally posted by NYCentral

Yes we should clobber you Mr. Stumpy!!:D ;)

Clobber indeed!:D :p Especially since we go to great lengths to promote The Gauge on The Railroad Forum... Many of us felt it was not our place to attempt to "re-create" The Gauge to suit our desires. We have our style and The Gauge has its style... We try to offer a somewhat non competing format to give those who like a more chatty environment a home. As stated by a Gauge member earlier in this thread, each forum already has a "culture" (like Nelson's Brake Room) so why try to create one on every forum. The Gauge has had a successful and very enjoyable format of its own and I like it the way it is, just as I like The Railroad Forum the way it is... Many of us jump back and forth as there is a lot of crossover interest (for example, I like Jon's critter posts...:D ). With an estimated 2.5 billion internet users, I think there is enough interest to go around...:D

Tom F