Shave and a haircut!

MCL_RDG

Dec 8, 2002
S.E.PA.
Visit site
I have a business meeting tomorrow. I went to a place on Main St in Lansdale, PA to get a trim.

I'd never been there before but since a great LHS is 3 doors down I couldn't help but notice.

4 chairs and a wall of mirror.

I popped in at 12:05. Looked like the usual business (what would I know never being there before- but it seemed "familiar").

I glanced to watch when it might be my turn, there was one other before me. Now, it was my turn.

"Hi, business, clean up, trim out the ears".

That's all I said.

A knowing face acknowledged.

Twenty minutes, a swirl in the chair.

The business at hand concluded with a fresh hot lather and straight razor clean uP!

I hadn't heard a straight razor slap leather in 20 years (my uncle, just haven't seen him in 20 years)- 40 if you count Nick's (Nick Dobryna- Seville and Terrace- who did our hair when we were...)

Now that's nice!

Hot lather, a close shave and trains calling!

In the background was the 5 chime toot of whatever was going thru town. I was dreaming of Chattanoga Choo Choo.

Mark

TR-Flyer

Nov 24, 2001
SC
Visit site
Mark:
Sounds to me like you should be a "regular" at this fine establishment, if for no other reason than to see that it continues to exist! Also, I think you should add it to your layout! I have not started my “town” yet, but I already know it will have a REAL barbershop.

Now, I need to tell ya, I haven’t been in a barbershop in 27 years. I opted for the Thomas Jefferson look and, with my thinning crown, am rapidly moving towards the Benjamin Franklin look! Also opted out on shaving 28 years ago.

But I can still smell the shop I went to in Vienna, Va. When Main Street was two lanes and the Oak trees formed a continuous canopy over the street. I had a “flat top” back then and the guys used to refer to me as “the all American kid”. They used a straight razor on me and then you got “talc” to finish the job. It was one of them that told me, at 15, “You better start using your own razor pretty soon.” Grew muttonchops the next year!

Yeah, …….thanks for putting me in the time machine with ya Mark.

Regards,
Ted

MCL_RDG

Dec 8, 2002
S.E.PA.
Visit site
TR- Let me tell ya something...

I passed the place a few times. At 5 o'clock in the evening (scoping out the LHS)- every chair is full and the "waiting" chairs are full (They have 12- count 'em- This many ||||||||||||)!!!!

Best regards from a hot lather lover (in more ways than one apparently),

;)

Mark