Shamus in Railroad Model Craftsman

Bill Stone

Apr 20, 2001
San Dimas, California, USA
Visit site
Congrats, Shamus on an excellent tree-making article in the May RMC.

Also, for all you On30 nuts, there is a good article on kit-bashing the Bachmann Shay.

Another great issue from RMC --- if you don't read it regularly, you should. I consistantly find more of interest in it than in that "other" major mrr mag.

BillS

ezdays

Out AZ way
Feb 3, 2003
Arizona
bigbluetrains.com
Congratulations once again Paul. I've never seen a copy of this mag, so I am assuming that it is distributed in the US and that one of our LHS will have it. So I will make a special trip to one that I think should have it on their bookrack.:thumb: :thumb:

shamus

Registered Member
Dec 17, 2000
UK
Thanks friends, I didn't know it was out yet, guess my copy will arrive soon.

cheers
Shamus

shamus

Registered Member
Dec 17, 2000
UK
Thanks again, just had an email from Bill saying my copies are in the post. Look forward to seeing it myself.
Shamus

shamus

Registered Member
Dec 17, 2000
UK
Glad you liked it Ron, You may also be interested in 0 Scale Trains magazine which should be on sale soon with an article of mine on building log trestle bridges.

Shamus

belg

Apr 28, 2001
New Jersey USA
Visit site
Shamus I had another question. The core of the tree, which you say to shape with the file is not fully shown in any of the photos but I 'm assuming that it does taper to a point at the end, correct?
Thanks Pat

shamus

Registered Member
Dec 17, 2000
UK
Hi Belg,
Most are nearly to a point, but a lot of the very tall ones I left semi flat as though they had been topped off.LOL nearly put a man at the top with a saw, but he would have been off the sky backscene height which is 5' off the floor.

Shamus