Sequoia Wheel Stops (HO)

Vic

Feb 1, 2002
Columbus GA
Visit site
Hi Mike, I've got some of those too. Mine wouldn't stay on the rail by themselves so I put a drop of ACC under them. If you want to move them at a later time use silicone glue instead.

Pooh Bah
Mar 25, 2002
Brampton, Ontario, Canada
Visit site
Mike:
Are these like the Juneco ones, metal castings that come up about half a wheel height? Do the have rail cast in or just fit on top?

Check the slot in the bottom on a spare piece of rail.
Use an adequate glue.
Have an adequate landing area beyond them. :mad: :eek:

farmer ron

Jan 18, 2002
B.C., canada
Visit site
Mike, I use Goo or a drop of clear silicone very sparingly. just put a small amount in the grove in the bottom, place on the rail and snug up an old set of trucks up to them to make them even, and then let them sit. I wait for a day or so then paint them. I usually paint them a rail brown and rust color as I want them to appear as they have been there for a while, but your choice. If you have put them down with ACC or something like that and you want them up, you can always cut the rail an inch or so infront of them then take the rail up with them on the rail then when you want to use them again just add the piece to your rail that is already down. Ron.

farmer ron

Jan 18, 2002
B.C., canada
Visit site
Mike, it is not a glue, silicone comes in tubes, large and small, same type of stuff that you seal around the bathtub or shower stall. You get it at hardware stores. Make sure that you get the paintable type, some comes non paintable and believe me paint will not stick to it. It appears as though it drys hard but it does not, the outer dries like a strechy skin and the insides remain flexable, that way if you want to remove the wheel blocks.

On another topic: anything worth seeing in Edmonton/Calgary area, we might have to make a trip up there 18 to 20 July for a quick run there and back. thanks Ron, in B.C.

rockislandmike

Nov 6, 2001
Edmonton AB
dayfornight.qazam.com
Thanks, Ron.

As for your eastward trip to our fair province, I don't really know what you're looking for, so I've divided the possibilities into four categories. If you want any more info, feel free to message me directly.

GOINGS-ON: Klondike Days here in Edmonton. I can take or leave most of it (typical midway crap at the exhibition grounds), but if you happen by downtown - Winston Churchill Park specifically - check out Taste of Edmonton. All the best restaurants in the city have a booth and have a snack-size sample of some of their best dishes. Yummy treats all week long.

LAYOUTS: Edmonton Model Railroad Assoc has their bigass layout at Fort Edmonton, always worth a look (Fort Edmonton is a historic park, it'll cost you to get in); another club has their layout at Capilano Mall, but it's not nearly as impressive. Both are viewable on weekends.

STORES: Chinook Hobby in Calgary (been a while since I've been there, but according to the Kato distributor for the prairies, it's the biggest store in his region); in Edmonton, Hobby Centre (149 Str & Yellowhead) - decent prices, good selection; and Hobby Wholesale (Calgary Trail Northbound & 61 Ave) - smaller inventory but good diversity, particularly of locos and railcars (pathetic structure stock), and really really good prices.

RAILFAN: can't speak to Calgary, but the CN east-west intercontinental passes through Edmonton. CN has a large yard in the northeast part of the city, trains pass through the city every two hours or so throughout the day and night between Yellowhead Trail and 130 Avenue. CP Rail has a smaller yard, but there's almost always something to see (and their switchers are almost always moving something around), just off Calgary Trail Northbound, between 76 and 82 Avenue. I think there's only a couple of trains weekly, though.