Semi-detached house

spitfire

Jul 28, 2002
Toronto, Canada
www.parkdaleyard.com
More progress today. It's looking more like a real house now that I got the windows mounted, and the shingles started. I used David's suggestion to use wet/dry sandpaper. It comes in the exact shade i need - black!

Also added porch railings to the house on the right. Next step, finish shingles and start work on back porches.

Val

Attachments

• scratch3.JPG
    scratch3.JPG
    64.7 KB · Views: 168

Matthyro

Will always be re-membered
Dec 28, 2000
Georgetown, Ontario,Canada
Great work Val. Just like the real thing. It's a pleasure to watch you at work and suggest you move this into the Academy when its done so we will be able to go back to see the "how to"

shaygetz

May 2, 2003
www.freewebs.com
Sir_Prize said:
Looks awesome!
Can't wait to see the back finished, as I can see clear through now.
Actually, looks VERY prototypical for some houses around me. :rolleyes: ;)

Know that feelin', Ken :cry: , I can see thru alot of my neighbor's homes now... I think they're gonna amend our local code to require that your house and all its contents can be no more than what can fit in an 18 yard roll-off dumpster :rolleyes:

Great looking home, Val. Reminds me of Fell's Point in Baltimore. Oh, for a Pollack Johnny's polish sausage with the woiks and a Pepsi... :thumb: :thumb:

Ralph

Remember...it's for fun!
Jun 18, 2002
St. Paul, MN
Visit site
Very nice Val! You've really captured the look of these homes, judging by the picture at the beginning of the thread. Any locals who visit your layout will recognise the look right away and appreciate the regional flavor.
Ralph

2slim

Jan 16, 2004
Murray, UT
Visit site
Val,
You're doing a great job, when can I move in?? :D It took me a couple of times reading through the thread to figure out that the house on the right has an enclosed porch, I originally thought it was an addition. Did you leave the door and window casting on the main wall? Homes like this in the states are called 'twin homes' or in my area at least. I don't recall seeing any that have the framed second story or that unusual roof on the front. Any plans to add lighting or interior details?

2slim :thumb:

spitfire

Jul 28, 2002
Toronto, Canada
www.parkdaleyard.com
Well, thanks a lot for all the kind comments everyone!!!! :thumb: :thumb:

I finally got some time to finish up the roof shingles and get the stairs in. The front of the house is almost finished - if I could just find that eavestrough I had a minute ago!!!!!

No plans for lighting, as the styrene walls are pretty thin.

Val

Attachments

• front.jpg
    front.jpg
    39.1 KB · Views: 120

spitfire

Jul 28, 2002
Toronto, Canada
www.parkdaleyard.com
Anyway, it'll turn up. In the meantime, I've started working on the back. This shot is not so great -- I had to lighten it up to show the cedar shakes.

I will be putting on 2 decks, one covered, one not.

Val

Attachments

• back.jpg
    back.jpg
    23.4 KB · Views: 123