Seen any good structures to Model anywhere

ezdays

Out AZ way
Looks to me like with those air filters on top it could have been used for making furniture or cabinets or even a sawmill.

jon-monon

There used to always be tow or three Ramblers sitting out around this warehouse, and they gradually seemed to get restored, then dissappear, then other's would appear. Then all the activity stopped a few years ago, and they added a store front. This one remains.

Attachments

• 700.jpg
    700.jpg
    32.8 KB · Views: 173

jon-monon

I went in once, a lot of Purdue University salvage and furniture. Mostly old furnature that looks "institutional" like it's from labs, libraries and classrooms. Also some truely wierd stuff.

Attachments

• 694.jpg
    694.jpg
    25.4 KB · Views: 174

spitfire

I keep looking and looking and I can't figure out how those boxcars got there, and how they're ever going to get out!!! My guess would be the structure was built around them and they ain't going anywhere!!!!

Cool shots Jon! :thumb:

Val

jon-monon

I hope what's sunk below ground is in better shape than the little that is still visible!

Attachments

• 717.jpg
    717.jpg
    66 KB · Views: 262

jon-monon

Not the most exciting trackside industry, especially since the tracks gone. But it has the classic false front

Attachments

• 807.jpg
    807.jpg
    30.2 KB · Views: 218

jon-monon

The side the the righed used to face the siding, and the side on the left faced the back parking lot for trucks.

That is all.

Attachments

• 805.jpg
    805.jpg
    54.9 KB · Views: 225
structures

I have been fascinated by the pictures of old structures, the prototypes. The main east/west hiway thru my little town is being widened, and many bldgs have been condemned. I finally realized I had a goldmine of oldies in my own "backyard". Here's a few.

Sorry. I'll have to recheck on posting pix. The size is cut to under 640X480, but the bytes remain the same. I'll get it figured in a couple months or so, as I have did it before.

Lynn