Seeking N Scale Building Heavy Layout (Town)

Ioo

I am seeking to rekindle my love of the rail. I worked in HO scale as a young man...

My space is limited so I am thinking N Scale.

So I seek a town/building heavy layout to start with, I love to build the buildings, setting the town up and all of that. So if someone can point me to a layout like this, that would rock...

THANKS!

Matthyro

Will always be re-membered
Welcome to the Gauge Ioo, You say your space is limited but how much space could you devote to a layout before anyone can suggest a layout to you.

Will_annand

As Robin says, if we knew how small/big you wanted.
Also what era and location?

Then we can suggest sources for the structures, or sources for plans.

Ioo

I have about 7 x 10 for a layout...

For HO, no room at all, but I think for N that should be a lot...

7x10? Do you have a whole (small) room? Or a corner of a larger area?

with that size, you'll probably want to use an L-shaped or U-Shaped layout, but its a HUGE space for N scale (its equivelent to about 13x18-1/2 for HO).

You might want to start with a smaller 2x4, 3x6, or door-sized layout and expand from there. You can get a simple 2x4 up and running in just a few days, which will let you 'play trains' while you fill your larger space.

Ioo

I have part od a larger room, and unfinished area in my basement. I have never worked in N Scale, so I do not know how a final layout will look. I just love building, maybe something with a trolly *drool*

Will_annand

To give you an idea of N Scale sizing, my layout is 11.5' x 6.5', overall photos are on my website.

Spitfire has a nice trolley module on her HO layout.