Seeking a UK-based International Space Station model builder

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stargaze

Oct 30, 2015
Hello there

I work for a company in the UK that is looking to buy a model for a **********. I have been searching and looking at forums with great interest. I think that the best model that I have come across is the *** paper scale model, which I think is a truly beautiful design. And I think it would be a really unique piece too.

However, building a paper model of this scale and complexity definitely requires a specific kind of expertise. So, I was wondering if any of you might be able to recommend a model builder based in the UK who I might be able to approach about building this for me. I'd love to hear any recommendations.

Many thanks!
EDITED by ZATHROS!!

Last edited by a moderator:

DanBKing

Dan the Man
Feb 29, 2012
Netherlands
Apart from the expertise, there are two very explicit words in your request: scale and complexity.

You forgot to add time into your equation...... ;)

The scale and complexity ratios, define how much time is required to build the bugger..........;)

I hope your exhibit is not gonna be in a month or two .........:bulgeeye:

zathros

*****SENIOR ADMINISTRATOR*****
Staff member
Administrator
Apr 5, 2013
You should be prepared to pay in the $1000's, to account for the time factor, expertise. you might be better seeing if you can find someone who has built it, and is willing to rent it to you for the occasion. A very big Battlestar Galactica sold for $3500 dollars or so, if I am correct. This a disbelief that because they are made of paper, they can be popped out. Also, you will need to get permission from the model company you mentioned to use his work for commercial purposes, and send me a Private Message with proof to ask such a question. This thread is closed.

Solicitations of this sort must be passed by me first.

THREAD CLOSED

Status
Not open for further replies.