See what you think

sitchad

Aug 3, 2003
Visit site
Take a look andsee what you think of this. N scale with DCC control. The layout goes to the max "L" shaped space I have to use. 50's early 60's era so diesel 4 axles with one 6 axle TrainMaster. The numbers are elevations for the track to the left of each number. Let me know what you think and make suggestions. Thanks, Chad

vwp

Russ Bellinis

Feb 13, 2003
Lakewood, Ca.
Visit site
It looks like an interesting track plan, but I noticed two things that might help it work better. Your industrial section in the upper right corner has both facing and trailing point switches, but you have no run around track to allow you to get a locomotive behind a cut of cars to utilize it. Second the alternate route for the mainline going behind the turntable would seem to have no operational purpose. With a deisel era layout, the turntable is not needed, but it may be something you really want to include. The problem is that the only place I know of where a turntable might be used in prototype without a roundhouse for engine servicing is on small branchline and shortline operations, not the sort of place that would find a Trainmaster operating. If you eliminate the alternate mainline route, tie the second small ladder track into the large ladder, then use the inside track on the right side turnback as a yard lead, you won't foul the main while trying to work the yard. That then opens up the top center part of the plan to put in a passing siding that you could bring the industrial tracks off of. That would allow you to use the passing siding as a run around track for working those industries.